Chapter 4: Little blood never hurt anyone.

CANNONS POV:

My knuckle collides with the gingers nose, a popping noise echoing throughout our room.

I stand up, standing over the guy who wanted to ask my- MY firefly out. Not happening Leprechaun.

My large body stands above his, cracking my knuckles against my silver rings.

I crouch down near the ginger, who was supposedly supposed to be a dear friend.

'Ever.. ever feel like asking, my firefly out again- next time it won't just be the nose, Parker.' My deep voice lets his last name slip off my tongue. 'Understood?' I remain having eye contact with this young hockey player.

Andrew gives a quick nod.

I leave the room with a grunt, heading out to the kitchen to clean my knuckle up. From behind me, Ryan approaches. He looks down towards my knuckle.

'Holy hell, Miller!' He gasps. 'What in the devils name happened!!' He stares at me.

A chuckle leaves my mouth. 'It's not me you should be worried about. Id go check on Parker.' I step away from the sink, going back to my normal, chill demeanor.

Ryan runs into mine and Andrews room. His head pokes out, sending me a scowl after he got a good look at the damage I had done.

So what? He was gonna ask my girl out. My Firefly. Who wouldn't react in that way.

I then pause. She wasn't exactly mine.. but she was at the same time. She just didn't know it yet.

I turn on a cooking show, my body slowly drifting off to sleep.
—————————————————————————
'BZZZZEDDDD. BZZZZZEEDDDD.' The timer I had set for 4 am buzzes against the couch im sleeping on.

I rub my eyes, looking around, noticing im not in a familiar place. Then remembered we switched dorms and I stood.

I stretched my rather muscled arms, my biceps peaking through the hoodie I was wearing at the moment.

I step into my room, grabbing some gym clothes and swiftly changing into them. I throw on a pair of my working out nike air-forces, and walk into the kitchen. I grab some milk and protein powder, shaking it together.

I plop down on the couch, waiting for the clock to strike 5 am- so I could wake my buddies up for early morning gym sessions.

I start scrolling through my phone, searching through instagram accounts.

Nothing. There was nothing on her. No trace of ever using social media once in her life.

I set my phone down.

Am I- out of all people- becoming a stalker? No- no that's not right. I just.. want to know the girls name. So when I see her again, I can properly introduce myself, in a kindly gentlemen manner.

The image runs through my head multiple times, different scenarios coming out with each of them.

I suck in a breath. 'Fuck.' I was thinking about this girl way too much. Like- what even is there to like about her?

I mean- there are so many sororities I could go too, and they would all bow down at my first command. I didn't like the idea of that.

Suddenly my thoughts became.. weird.

I rubbed my temples, shutting the thoughts out.

'For FUCKS SAKE Cannon, this ain't you!' I mentally scream at myself, trying to knock some sense into me.

I check the time again. 5:00.

I open all the doors, walking in and grabbing their blankets off of them, and then walk out calling, 'Wake up sunshines. Today's gonna be great!' I call sarcastically.

Once they are all ready, we open the door and walk down the hall.

I suddenly bump into someone.

I look down. FireFly.

She was carrying a recently wet surfboard, she had sand all over her tight fitting one piece. Im guessing she wore something not as showy.. due to it being 5 am, in the morning.

I stand and watch her, as she gulps. I hear a mumble of words. She finally spoke.

Her voice was like a sweet melody, nectar right from the flower, a fresh, and warm brownie right out of the oven. It was.. just as enticing as she was.

She gently sneaked past us. I turned my head to watch her. She was right across the hall from us.

'Fuck.' The word singsonged in my head till she disappeared into her dorm.
—————————————————————————-

So.. I'm not meaning to make him seem like a stalker- but her sure does seem like one. In my head.. he's just being overly protective about something he cares about, but is not sure why he cares about it.

I live, laugh, love you all though!!!

And I can only imagine your asking why he went with FireFly. You'll find out later in the book!!