Chapter 5: Sanddollars and seashells

LEAHS POV:

I slip into my dorm, the smell of vanilla filled my nostrils and a smile spread across my face.

I make my way to my room, my surfboard being held underneath my armpit. The smell of the sea still stuck in my mind, the calming sensation of the water pushing against the sanded shore.

I step into my room, and look over, Kyla fast asleep. I smile. I love her so fucking much.

I set my surfboard down on the side wall near my bed, and pull out a few shells I had collected in my spare time. I set them each on the side table, near the lamp in my room.

I look towards the bathroom that me and Kyla shared, and then looked down.

My crusty toes were covered in sand, and so was my black, cut-out full suit.

And guess what? The guys saw me while I was looking like a complete mole.

I shook the thought out of my head, and opened the bathroom door.

The marbled counter tops shined, underneath the pastel lights. I set my towel down on the counter top, along with my makeup bag and other necessities.

I turn on the shower, and close the curtain, waiting for the water to warm up.

I look out of the bathroom, to see Kyla sitting up and rubbing her eyes. After she's done, she looks at me, pure resentment.

'Why the fuck did you wake me up, Leah?!' She whisper yells, her morning voice was deeper than her normal voice.

I cackle. 'We have classes either way.' I look back, the shower steaming by now.

'I could've skipped.' She mumbles, as she rests her head in her hands. 'I hope your pillow is warm on both sides.' She remarks finally, the bags under her eyes are extremely prominent.

Her silver blonde hair was messy, and her forgotten mascara was smeared. Her cheeks seemed flushed, the normal glow not there.

'Kyla.' I stare. 'Are you fucking sick on the first day of school?' My eyes soften as I look to my exhausted roommate.

'Sure feels like it.' She coughs, her pale body seemed paler than normal.

'Go back to bed. I go to your classes today and grab your homework.' I sigh, feeling bad for my unhealthy baby.

She nods, turning back on her side, and she falls back into her deep snooze.
—————————————————————————-

I fiddle with my pen, my leg bops up and down.

Marine Biology was one of my favorite classes. But today- I just couldn't focus. At all.

The teacher just kept going on about protocol in the classroom. My mind still lingered on Kyla.

I hated seeing my friends sick, and injured. It made me feel responsible for some odd reason.

I am the oldest of the group, Ashley following right behind me. And sadly- Kyla was caught in the middle.

Sydney was the second youngest, and of course, Alaina was the youngest. She was such a spoiled bitch. Yet I loved her to death.

Each had their own amazing personalities, and they're all so attractive like different things.

Ashley is pretty like new graffiti art. Kyla is pretty like the midnight sky. Sydney is pretty like arcades flashing lights. And Alaina is pretty like a hippies van, with stickers covering every inch.

Thats why the back of our Jeep says 'Life is Good.' It was my motto every single day. The stickers we've collected from all the states we've visited are plastered on the back of our Black 2020 Jeep.

And before my daydreaming could finish, the bell rang, startling me. I almost shit my pants, no joke.

I grabbed my notebooks, sliding them into my light-blue backpack. I fiddle with my sand-dollar charm on the zipper.

I then get an idea. I stand up quicker than my body can comprehend. The dizzy spell hits me.

Low iron girlies get it.

I speed walk out of the classroom. Ashley grabs my backpack from behind.

'You're in a hurry. What's up?' She asks, her toned legs being showed off by her grey leggings. A blue crewneck sweater is her top, and she wears her blue crocs, charms of sharks and whales are placed in. Her white nike socks throw me off a bit though. Her braids are down, and her makeup is done well.

'I- you'll see later!! Bye Ash!!' I call, running down the hall.
—————————————————————————

Hey guys!! I need yall to tell me what you think?

What can I improve on?