Chapter 8 Sally Lovander

Comenzar desde el principio

     "Sally, is it you Sally?" Sam says leaning down by her.

     "Sam, Sambushi?" It replies.

    I push Sam out of the way and put my hand on her side.

     "She's bleeding, get a rag Sam," I yell.

     Lovander looks up at me curiously.

     "You know Sambushi, who are you?" It asks.

     I'm starting to worry about the amount of pals I'm meeting that can speak English. Maybe it's just me that can understand her. Sam said Moon gave me the ability to understand Pal talk. Him and Vixie can speak though. Maybe this is a concern for another time.

     "My name is Morado, don't worry me and Sam are going to fix you up," I say pressing a rag against her.

     "Are you single?" She asks.

     "I just shot you, and I might be talking to someone, maybe," I reply.

     "Ahh, Sally, this is master Morado," Sam says.

     "Sambushi!" Sally yells.

     "You're ever the frightful vixen you always were, as striking as the day I met you Sally," Sam replies.

     I grab Sam's shoulder.

     "I need to check on Moon, can you handle this?" I ask.

     "We'll need some privacy," he replies.

      "Sam, what happened to her, why was she in a dungeon?" I ask.

      "It wasn't her fault, how could she have known?" Sam asks.

The scene cuts to a memory of Sally's.

"Patrick, dinner is ready," a young woman yells.

"That's wonderful honey, I'll go get Sally," a man replies.

"Patrick, don't worry about her, she's just a Pal," the woman says.

"Nonsense, Sally is our daughter, she'll join us for dinner," he says angrily.

There is a heated argument and Sally runs to the barn to hide. She's crying in the hey bails when he steps in.

"Why is that woman so stubborn, Sally is just a girl, we can't have children ourselves, why is it so wrong to treat Sally as our own?"

The next morning the woman is furious to find her husband cuddled up with young Sally. She kicks them out to roam the desert. Near a year later and Sally and Patrick are good friends.

"Sally, did you bring any mushrooms for the stew?" Patrick asks.

"Don't worry baby I got plenty," she replies stepping into the cabin.

Sally drops her plate of mushrooms as she sees the men. The brotherhood of pyre surrounding her beloved Patrick.

"Sally, run!" He yells as tears stream down his cheeks.

*Bang *Bang

The loud thunder of a double barrel twelve gauge fills the air, but so does the smell of burning flesh. Sally fleas for her life hiding in the woods.

The next morning the men leave and Sally returns to her lost lover. He is not but a set of boots filled with ash. Now wherever she goes. Sally spreads a little bit of ash from those boots.

     "Moon, are you ok?" I ask petting her head.

     "I'm scared," she replies gripping me tight.