CHAPTER-5

"Where is Haris?" I asked with a raised eyebrow to Aliza and Hafsa.

First everyone looked at the place where he was standing, them both of them looked toward each other and then looked toward me. I was seeing them with one raised eyebrow and questionated eyes.

"I think he just left." Aliza said

I hummed and left to my room.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

As I entered my room, I immediately noticed that things had changed. Her belongings were scattered around, and it felt different.

I began to roam the entire room, checking the dressing room, cupboards, and even the dressing table. Every corner seemed to be touched by her presence.

I feel very uncomfortable and I didn't like this.

I didn't like it at all. In fact, I didn't want to share this space with her. I still harbored feelings of dislike towards her.

As I surveyed the changes, I couldn't shake the sense of unease. Her belongings served as constant reminders of our troubled past, and I wanted nothing more than to erase her presence from my life.

I was feeling hungry so I didn't think much about this and entered in the washroom.

After freshing up, I came near the dressing table and started combing my hair.

I was combing my hair, that I heard a clicked sound. I looked in the direction and she was standing there lowering her gaze.

I moved my gaze from her and started setting my hair with my hand.

"Wo.....apko ammi bula rhi hy." She said and left the room before hearing my answer. But I didn't give attention to it.

(Mother is calling you.)

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

I was seeing her retreating figure. She was feeling sad and frustrating. But she shook her emotions away and made her way to the kitchen along ammi and chachi.

I busied myself with cooking, exchanging words with ammi and chachi as they helped me with meal preparations.

As I stirred the pot on the stove, I thought about the complexities of our relationship.

Living together again was challenging, especially when faced with his cold and angry behavior.

I wished things could be different, but I also knew that healing would take time and patience.

I was thinking all this when Ammi told me call him. First, I hesitated but then I encouraged myself and left to the room.

As I entered the room, he was combing his hair. He looked toward me and I lowered my gaze. He again started combing my hair.

He didn't say a word so I spoke and said that ammi is calling him. I didn't wait for his response and left the room and I know he will find it awkward. But I don't want to face him.

Then I again went into the kitchen and busied myself.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

After setting my hair, I pick up my phone and went downstairs.

"G ammi, apny mujy bulaya." I asked entering in the kitchen where ammi, chach along her were present there.

(Yes Mom, you called me.)

"Yes, I want to ask you that will I make tea for you or first you want to have dinner?" She asked

"I prefer dinner." I said