CHAPTER-7

My mood was bad all day. The morning conversation was still roaming in my mind, my mind was filled with thoughts. 'I felt that he was now being good with everyone but....but whatever he should not talk like this to everyone.' I was thinking about all this, I was in some new world, that suddenly someone shook me and I came out of my thoughts.

""How long have I been calling you? Where are you lost?" Maria said

"Huh...what?" I replied

She stare at me and I low down my head.

"Girl don't think much. You are giving me tension now too." she said

I just hummed, we heard a horn. Then I bid bye to her and went to the car and Haris started driving to home. 

"Bhabhi are you alright?" he asked with concern

"Yeah....why?" I hurriedly replied trying my best to give him a good smile but I failed.

"Bhabhi don't take bhai words seriously. He just don't like girls to wear this type of cloth while going outside alone." He said

I hummed and started looking outside, and the whole ride went silently.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

After getting home, I directly went to my room, because I didn't want to talk to anyone right now. After changing my clothes, I lay down on the bed and did not know when I slept.

My sleep broke when I heard a knock at the door. I slowly opened my eyes and saw the wall clock which was showing 8:45 pm, me eyes opened wide. 

"When did I sleep?" I muttered to myself. There was still someone at the door. I rubbed my eyes and got up to open the door.

"Sorry bhabhi for waking you up......but ammi is calling you to have dinner. You haven't eat anything since coming home." Aliza was saying and I was just hearing to her while yawing and putting my hand on my mouth to srop it.

"okay....btw did Ayaan come back?" I immediately asked as she was just turning back to go down.

"Ummm no....he mostly come late at night." she said

"Okay... you can go." I sadly said and closed the door.

I quickly  freshened up and went down. Everyone  were sitting on the dining table while ammi and chachi were bringing food from the kitchen. I also went to them for help. They looked at me and smiled and I too. After that I picked up one  dish and went to the dining table.

"Are you feeling well,beta? I came to know that you didn't come out of your room after coming back from university. Is everything alright? " abbu asked with concern and everyone started looking toward me.

"Nothing just a little headache but I am fine now." I replied

"Take medicine after dinner, okay?" ammi said

"Okay" I respond with a smile.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

After dinner, I retreated to my room to study for a while. The notes lay scattered on my desk as I tried to focus, but my mind kept wandering back to Ayaan's absence and the lingering sense of disappointment.

Hours passed, and eventually, I heard the sound of the front door opening. I glanced at the clock—it was past midnight. Ayaan had returned.

As he entered our room, I noticed how exhausted he looked. His usually neat hair was tousled, and his clothes were slightly disheveled. Despite his tired appearance, his eyes held a distant look that made my heart sink.