14. Her Help

As soon as the door opened, everyone in the room straightened up and turned their gaze towards the entrance. Lois heaved a sigh of exhaustion and sat down, her mind filled with thoughts about the sudden disappearance of her friend, Alazne. However, despite her best efforts, she couldn't make sense of the situation.

Godfrey, who was aware of Lois's current state, gave her a sympathetic look as he walked towards her. He knew how she felt, having experienced similar situations before. Eclipse's animosity towards his stepmother was well known to Godfrey and the rest of the group, except for Gabriel's mate, who was new to their circle of friends.

Lois was not too pleased with the sympathy in Godfrey's eyes. It reminded her of her failure as a queen and perhaps reinforced Eclipse's opinion that she was weak. "Your Highness, do you need anything from us?" Godfrey finally asked, breaking the silence in the room.

Lois shook her head and replied, "No, I don't need anything. I just want to help."

Her subjects looked at her with surprise, except for Gabriel's mate, who seemed to understand Lois's intentions. "I can help with anything," she said, looking at each of them.

Leticia frowned and observed the queen for a moment. She noticed that Lois looked pale, but she attributed it to exhaustion and decided to ask her a question, "What is your relationship with Eclipse like?"

Lois was taken aback by the question. It was complicated, and the answer was obvious, but she still replied, "It is strained. We don't get along well with each other."

Leticia hummed softly, her fingers caressing her chin in thought as she contemplated the situation. She wondered who knew about Eclipse's strained relationship with his mother and posed another question, "Apart from your family, who else is aware of this?"

The others in the room looked at Leticia with confusion. Lois answered, "My twin sister."

Leticia squinted her eyes, and a strange glint flashed in them. It was unclear whether she believed Lois or not, but she asked another question, "Where is your sister currently?"

Lois furrowed her brows at the question. She knew that her sister was in Italy, but she didn't know her exact location. Leticia shrugged and replied, "I don't know, all I can say is that she is still here in the country."

Leticia nodded and walked towards Eclipse's desk. She switched on the LED screen and made a drawing of the survivors and Lois's twin. She then rolled up her sleeves and explained, "One of these people might be behind Alazne's disappearance. It could be someone who wants to complicate the relationship between the queen and uncover Eclipse's dark side to his human mate. If Eclipse's mate rejects him, he might kill his stepmother out of anger, and then he would have no choice but to leave the realm."

Gabriel mumbled under his breath, finishing Leticia's statement, "The person would make Eclipse's brothers a weapon to murder him, but knowing Eclipse, he would have the upper hand. He would kill his brother."

Raja, who just walked in, added, "Killing multiple birds with one stone."

His aura was gloomy, and it was clear that he was troubled by the situation.

As soon as the door shut behind Lois, the room fell silent, the tense atmosphere palpable. Raja let out a heavy sigh and sank into a nearby chair, his troubled expression mirroring the anxiety that everyone else was feeling. Meanwhile, Leticia hummed softly to herself, a small smile playing on her lips as she contemplated the situation.

"I should go back to the palace," Lois had said before leaving. "When you need my help, just send me a mind link."

Raja watched as Gabriel closed the door and secured it with a lock, motioning for them to speak freely. "Something isn't adding up," he muttered, standing up and beginning to pace slowly.