Chapter 2. Mate

Two mysterious figures, dressed in long black cloaks, moved down a narrow, winding staircase with such grace that not even the creaking of the old wooden stairs could betray their presence. The stairs led to a dimly lit room, illuminated by flickering candles that cast long shadows across the walls and floor. The air around them seemed to thicken with an aura of secrecy as if they were guarding some well-kept secret. Their movements were so silent that the only sound to be heard was the distant hooting of an owl outside, as they descended deeper into the darkness.

As they moved down the stairs, the darkness seemed to deepen, and the silence became as eerie as the dense forest that lay hidden in the darkness of the night. The figures moved with a fluidity that suggested they were well-versed in the art of stealth and deception.

Eclipse, the leader of a group of warriors, took a seat on a rickety wooden chair in the center of the room, the old wood creaking under his weight. His men stood silently by his side, their expressions impassive as they watched the scene unfold. They were a formidable group of warriors, each one trained to be a master in the art of combat.

Suddenly, two beautiful young women appeared, dressed in seductive outfits, and attempted to seduce Eclipse. But he was no ordinary man, and his piercing emerald eyes scanned the concealed figures that surrounded him, as he let out a low chuckle. He was not one to be easily fooled by such theatrics.

"The mighty Dark Alpha Prince of the Lycans and Weres," he replied, his voice laced with a hint of feigned arrogance.

The second figure let out a soft sigh, her voice dripping with flattery. "The most powerful and feared Alpha, yet to find his mate," she said in a voice that was almost a whisper.

Eclipse's men knew that the topic of finding a mate was a sensitive one for their leader. They watched him closely, ready to intervene if necessary.

The two figures finally revealed their faces, and two beautiful young women now stood in front of Eclipse. With a snap of their fingers, their cloaks morphed into trousers and crop tops.

If it were any other man, they may have succeeded in seducing him, but Eclipse was no ordinary man. He had once severed the fingers of a woman for touching him, so he had a well-deserved reputation for being dangerous.

"But you can choose one of us for a soulmate, after all, we are very breathtaking," the second woman said with a seductive smile at the corner of her lips.

"I must say, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, but it doesn't work that way if there's an ugliness hidden beneath it," Eclipse stated with a sick grin.

His statement successfully angered the two dark witches. If you want to anger a witch into acting unreasonably, then call her ugly. They hate that word because it reminds them of their reality.

The first witch's fingertips broke with an electric spark, while the other generated a fireball; a powerful breeze blew through the living room, but their display of threat failed to impress the five men.

Before the men could notice it, the living room was engulfed in smoke; fortunately for them, they were resistant to smoke, thus they were alright. The two witches made good use of their abilities, beating Eclipse severely, only his groans could be heard by his men.

After a while, the smoke cleared, and the men stared at the scene in front of them in bewilderment, failing to grasp the concept of what their eyes were witnessing, their leader's shirt was soaked with blood and he appeared tattered.

When did a witch start having an advantage against their Prince? That was the question resounding in the walls of their minds. Witches were powerful, yes, but no witch has ever had the upper hand in a fight against their first Alpha Prince. Why do they suddenly have a feeling that their Alpha was faking it?