Chapter 6. The Poem

Raja's parents found themselves standing on the stairs, listening intently to the conversation between their son and the young woman who had come to see him in the middle of the night. They were filled with mixed emotions.

On one hand, they admired the woman's courage and dedication to Raja, as she had left her bed to remind him of his actions. On the other hand, they felt a deep sense of pain and sorrow for their son and the woman, as their closeness was forbidden by the royal rules and regulations, causing them both so much anguish.

Raja was a man of honor and loyalty, bound by his oath to the royal family. As the top warrior, he was held to a higher standard and had to abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the kingdom.

Despite his high standing, he was not considered significant by other members of the royal family, which added to his frustration and sense of helplessness. He ran his hand through his hair, letting out a sigh of defeat as he struggled with his desire to be close to the woman and his duty to the kingdom.

Eclipse and his friends were surprised by Alazne's words of loyalty and dedication to Raja. It was evident to Eclipse that her allegiance lay with Raja, and not with him. Raja, however, seemed unaware of this fact or perhaps was unwilling to acknowledge it, as it would only add to his already heavy burden.

Raja's father noticed his son's uncertainty and asked if he was sure about his decision. Raja responded with hesitation, unsure of what he should do. He knew, however, that he did not want to be the cause of any trouble or controversy. With a firm tone, he made it clear that he did not want to speak to Eclipse or his friends about the matter, as he did not feel qualified to do so.

As Raja made his way up the stairs, his parents exchanged sympathetic glances, knowing full well the weight of his burden. The night was long and the weight of his duty to the kingdom would not be lifted anytime soon.

As Alazne walked towards her home, her heart was heavy with emotions. Ever since she stepped into this town, Raja was the first person she met. He was so compassionate and helped her with her belongings in her apartment. He even helped her clean up the whole house and prepared a delicious meal for her, which she enjoyed.

Raja always stopped by her restaurant to have a word with her or just check up on her. Sometimes he would bring with him his mother's delicious delicacies or just bring a box of pizza with hot chocolate. He was a true friend and brother, loyal, honest, and loving.

She had spent half her life in solitary confinement and had forgotten what it felt like to have a true friend or even a brother. Raja had shown her what that feeling was like, but here they were miles away from each other with pain in their hearts and minds, which only he could take away.

She wondered what Eclipse's identity was that was scaring Raja so much. What did both men have against each other that was preventing them from being free around each other? She had been trying to figure it out for a while but could never come up with any tangible answer.

Alazne's encounter with Raja and his parents had left her feeling overwhelmed and uncertain of what to do next. She knew that her feelings for Raja were deep and genuine, but she didn't know that their relationship was forbidden by the royal rules and regulations and that she was in a world full of mystical creatures.

She needed time and space to process her emotions, so she decided to take a break from Eclipse's home and Raja.

The next day, the pack gathered in the training ground as usual for their morning training, except for elderly men and children under the age of five. Alazne was already there, sitting in the middle of the ground with her legs folded and crossed in a less-than and greater-than form. Her hair was flowing around her like a forbidden aura, and her eyes were closed tightly as she tried to focus her thoughts.