Chapter 7. Cold Treatment

Eclipse took a seat in front of Alazne, relaxing into the chair's velvety cushion with a long breath. He could not help but admire her beauty and elegance, from the blue T-shirt she was wearing to the pearl earrings on her ears. Her hair was done up in a high ponytail, showing her immaculate skin, and her lips were adorned with a crystal lip gloss that sparkled in the light. Eclipse was utterly captivated by her beauty and wished he could spend the entire day admiring her.

However, Alazne remained focused on her job, barely glancing up at him, leaving Eclipse feeling dissatisfied. He cleared his throat, the sound reverberating in the silent office, and spoke up.

"Hi, how are you doing?" Eclipse ask, his voice forceful and his gaze locked on her stunning blue eyes.

"I am alright, I suppose, but I am concerned about Raja. He is my brother and friend, but right now, I am not sure," Alazne sighed helplessly, her voice gentle and troubled.

Eclipse felt a twinge of jealousy but pushed it aside. "Listen up, everything is OK. "Give him some time, and he will come around," he told her, his tone solid and reassuring. He pursed his lips, his eyes narrowing slightly with thought, as she gave him an uneasy nod.

"Do not fear, Raja is the most trustworthy person I have ever met. "I am sure he will not be able to stay away from you for long," Eclipse remarked, his voice steady and assured. Although the words left a terrible taste in his mouth, he reassured himself that he was not doing it for Raja, but for his mate's happiness.

"Okay, I appreciate it. "I did not realize I needed to hear that until you told me," Alazne added, her grin sincere and thankful.

Alazne believed her shattered friendship with Raja had something to do with the enigmatic man seated in front of her, but she chose not to say anything. She had a feeling that if she said it, Eclipse would give Raja a hard time, and she was not prepared for that.

As they both sat there, looking into one other's eyes, she realized Eclipse was gradually infiltrating her life, but she was not sure if she was ready for him yet. Eclipse was undeniably attractive, and he had begun to grow on her, but she would not admit it, at least not yet. Eclipse's phone rang, interrupting their stare, and he answered it while still holding one of her hands.

Eclipse's lips tightened into a disappointed grimace, his brows furrowed in annoyance as he listened to the person on the other end of the call. Alazne watched him, almost giggling at his adorable expression, but she managed to keep it together.

"Listen, I need to leave. "I will come over when I am done," Eclipse replied urgently, standing up and virtually racing out of her office. He was in a rush, and Alazne exhaled as she continued her task.

Eclipse arrived at the pack house in minutes, his steely eyes scouring the front yard for two lifeless, pale, and blood-drained figures. The sight sent shivers down his spine, and his heart was full of anguish and wrath.

"What happened? How did this happen? Who is behind this?" He bellowed in a cold tone, his voice sharp with anger and determination. For goodness sake, these lifeless bodies belonged to children.

"It's the vampires. They are back for vengeance, and this is just the beginning," Gabriel's mate replied, her eyes flashing with urgency and warning. "You need to keep your mate close, very close," she added, emphasizing the importance of Alazne's safety, Eclipse released a sigh of helplessness, Alazne was an independent woman so she would never come home with him without knowing the reason behind it.

"I warned you, but you did not listen," Christoph replied, shaking his head, remembering the night Eclipse went too far. He had attempted to stop him, but his headstrong sibling would not listen. Eclipse was attractive but vicious, and everyone knew it.