Chapter 12. A King's Promise

King Anselmo, the Alpha King of the Lycans, stood before his guards and warriors, his face twisted in anger. The young lady's disappearance had left him fuming and unable to find the words to describe the rage he felt. He stared at them frostily, his eyes icy with a hint of danger. The guards and warriors trembled under his gaze, unsure of what to expect from their king.

"How could this happen?" King Anselmo asked, his voice calm but with an underlying tone of fury. "How could a single person pass through all boundaries without anyone noticing?"

The head guard replied hesitantly, "No one passed, my king. We were at every exit of the hospital, but there was no suspicious activity."

The king sneered at their response, suspecting that they were hiding something from him. "Are you saying that Alazne disappeared into thin air on her own or did the earth open up and swallow her? Your response doesn't sound convincing," he said flatly.

"We are deeply sorry, my King," the head guard continued, "We have already sent some of our best trackers to find the person responsible for this act."

King Anselmo was not satisfied and ordered them to call the trackers back. He also instructed them to call his sons, but not to inform Eclipse, the first prince, as he knew he would not want to face his wrath. Lois, the Lycan queen, stood by the king, her guilt written all over her face. She couldn't protect Eclipse's mate, and she knew this situation would only worsen their strained relationship.

"Call them back," the king said, his voice firm, and his words were like a vow. "We'll have a chat later. I think you people have become too comfortable with your duties."

The head guard nodded, surprised by the king's decision but not daring to question it. "Yes, my king," he said before bowing and leaving the hall.

"Lois, calm down," the king said, trying to reassure her. "When Eclipse returns, I'll inform him myself. But let's hope his anger towards you doesn't intensify."

The Alpha King was well aware of the tension between his first son and the current queen. No matter how hard he tried to address the issue, the relationship between them only grew more strained. He hoped that Eclipse would not take his anger out on the queen and prayed that they would find Alazne before he returned to the kingdom.

The Alpha king, Anselmo, strode out of his castle donning a long Chinese robe and a hat. The hem of his robe gracefully caressed the ground as he walked towards the open space where his two sons, Zane and Christoph, were waiting for him. The sight of their father wearing that particular robe made them feel uneasy, for they knew that he only wore it when he planned to inflict pain and suffering on his enemies during battle.

The two young men looked up at their father in awe, but they could sense that something was amiss. Anselmo's aura was bleak and his expression was stern. "We need to find her before your elder brother discovers that she is missing," he said in a somber tone. The urgency in his voice was palpable and it sent chills down their spines.

Alazne's disappearance was a matter of great concern for the Alpha king. Whoever was responsible for her disappearance would face severe consequences. Anselmo was known for his strict rule and punishing those who disobeyed him. He ruled his kingdom with an iron fist and was feared by all who dared to cross him.

"Okay, Father," the two young men replied in unison as they transformed into their other selves without damaging their clothes. The king had already transformed into his beast, and they were ready to follow him into action. As they set out to find Alazne, they knew that they were in for a perilous journey, one that would test their strength and courage to the limit.

Lois stood on the balcony, her eyes fixed on the three rapidly disappearing figures of her family. Her heart raced with anxious anticipation, hoping that they would find Eclipse's mate before he returned. She couldn't bear the thought of facing his wrath if they failed, knowing that he would lecture her or mock her for being a weak Lycan queen who knew nothing but climbing the social ladder, unlike the first Lycan queen whose strength was admired across the continent. Lol