Chapter 8. Living With His Mate

Alazne licked her lips, her thoughts running miles away from where she sat, her eyes kept flashing to the suitcase and to the face of the young man standing in front of her, at some point in her thoughts, she contemplated if she should kick him out of her house or not.

She didn't understand why the man could just enter her closet and pack up some of her stuff into a suitcase without talking about it first, she took in a few deep breaths, trying not to be mad at Eclipse who was nervous under her intense gaze. Slowly but carefully, he walked towards her, dragging the suitcase along with himself.

He let go of the suitcase, sitting down, he took her hands into his, "Listen, I need you to come with me," Eclipse said looking into her eyes, her forehead furrowed, a clear sign of apprehension, she did not trust him.

"Why should I come with you," She asked, beneath that single question lay thousands of hidden questions and Eclipse wasn't too dumb to know.

"Can you please trust me, just this once," Eclipse stated, it wasn't even a question yet it came out as a demand at the same time, Alazne's head shook at his words, she couldn't find it in herself to trust Eclipse, there was something about him that made her distrust him?

"If you want me to trust you, you have to earn it. I can't just trust you blindly, we are strangers," Alazne addressed the elephant in the room, Eclipse felt a sharp pain in his chest, her words were akin to daggers being stabbed in his chest yet he knew she was right but he didn't feel any better even with the truth glaring directly into his eyes.

"You are right but can you please believe in me, I promise, everything I'm doing right now, I am doing it for your good," Eclipse stated, his eyes held a lot of sincerity, and she could not utter a word of protest, besides believing him this once won't hurt her yet she knew that the last time she heard those words, everything ended badly.

"Okay, just this, one time, and if you lie to me, I will not take it lightly," She warned tonelessly, her eyes illuminating a fierce light making him aware that she was not playing around.

"Okay, that's fair enough," the young man mumbled accompanied by an understanding nod. He was glad she didn't argue with him. Alazne stood up, slipped on a hoodie, gathered her work equipment, ent and walked out of the bedroom with Eclipse in tow, she led him to her garage where she had a sleek black car parked, Eclipse was surprised when he saw her car, the young woman must be filthy rich, he thought as they drove out of her perimeters.

Alazne's heart raced as she sat in the passenger seat, her mind filled with questions and uncertainties. Eclipse drove in silence, the tension palpable in the air between them. The road stretched out before them, the scenery changing outside the car window as they journeyed on.

After what seemed like hours, Eclipse finally broke the silence, his voice soft yet determined. "Alazne, I need to take you somewhere safe. There are people after you, and I need to protect you."

Alazne's grip on the door handle tightened, her eyes widening in shock. "People after me? What do you mean? I just got here a few weeks ago, and I don't remember provoking anyone" she whispered, fear creeping into her voice yet the firmness in her voice didn't waver.

Eclipse spared her glance, his expression serious. "I can't explain everything now, but trust me, Alazne. I'm here to help you. Please, just trust me a little longer." He repeated the same words he said earlier

Alazne swallowed hard, her mind racing with a thousand thoughts. Should she trust this stranger who appeared out of nowhere, claiming danger was lurking around her? But something in Eclipse's gaze reassured her, a flicker of sincerity that she couldn't ignore.

Taking a deep breath, Alazne nodded slowly. "Okay, I'll trust you," she said, her voice barely above a whisper, she shouldn't be trusting Eclipse but what choice does she have?