Wait For Me

The police tracked down their location and instructed the boys to walk a bit further where they should be able to see a narrow highway. They were told to wait there for someone to come get them, as well as finding a place for hiding nearby just in case.

They have been walking for hours now with 10 to 15 minute breaks in between. It was getting really dark, probably around 10 or 11 pm. The trees tangled themselves around each other, leaving no space for any moonlight to shine through.

"The highway should be just ahead" informed Chan

"Hyung. You've said that for the past 6 million hours" complained Han

"I know, I know, but this time it's for real"

"Guys, we're finally here!" screamed Changbin, who was walking ahead of them, leading the way while Chan walked behind them, making sure no one was left behind...

"Thank God! Finally!" breathed out Hyunjin with a sigh of relief

"Come on, let's hurry!" called out Lee Know

Once they reached the highway, the boys hid in plain sight, waiting near one of the many lampposts that shone dimly in the night.

"What now?" questioned I.N

"I guess we're supposed to wait for someone to come find us" replied Seungmin

"What if they already went past this way?" worridly voiced Hyunjin

"Guys, don't give your hopes up. Come on, everyone sit down." encouraged Chan

The rest reluctantly followed, feeling too tired to argue.

"Honestly, I completely forgot we're in Jeju." spoke Han, melancholically staring at the star-filled night sky.

"And to say this was a place where we created such beautiful memories. Do you think Stays are worried about us?" hearing Changbin's unexpected question, the night fell silent as the boys reminisced about the times where they were performing on stage while millions and millions of Stays cheered loudly from all around the world, be it in the venue or from home.

They couldn't have been any happier.

"Wait a minute!" suddenly said Seugmin, grabbing everyone's attention.

"We're in Jeju. An island."

"Yeah... but what are you trying to say, Seungmin?" wearily asked Chan

"Guys, we've been tricked. There's no boarders. There's no police miles from here. I remember from the journey here"

"You're right!" panicked Hyunjin

Just as Hyunjin finished speaking, a distant engine could be heard.

"GUYS, RUN!!!"

--------Meanwhile--------
"Wait a minute..."

"Yes, baby."

"You guys lied."

"Huh? What do you mean, angel?" innocently asked Mingi

"We're in Jeju. An island!" realised Felix

"There's no borders around here, let alone my members being able to escape from here that easily. Where are you really taking me...?!" panicked Felix as he tried to get as far away from them as possible, even though it was deemed imposible given the circumstances.

All Ateez did was laugh. Wickedly.

"Our kitten is smarter than we thought" laughed out Wooyoung

"Oh Felix, we're going to take you somewhere far away where we'll watch your band members fight to survive on this island."

Hearing this, Felix felt all the colour drain from his face.

"Does that mean John..."

"Yes. John was also part of our plan and the destruction of the base was long due."

"Why?" that was all Felix could ask at this point

"If you mean, why we let them escape? Then the answer is simple: for fun. It is just sooo amusing seeing you guys get your hope up and then getting them crushed."

"You guys are monsters!"

"Believe what you want to believe, sweetheart, but you'll be stuck with us forever." This time, it was Jongho who spoke with a hint of anger in his voice.

"What will you do to them?" helplessly asked Felix

"Now, that's a surprise for later."

Felix felt dumb for doubting his members. They've all been set up. Any previous doubts were quickly demolished.

'I need to stay strong for them. Guys, I promise, I will save you somehow. Just wait for me'

"Give him the injection."

"What?! NO! GET AWAY FROM ME! HE- mhhhh...mhhh...mh"

'Please, wait for me...!'