"A passerby helped," She was very vague with her answer and I found that suspicious.

"Cory-"

The door opened again and it caught my attention. Aira came back in with two people. A woman and a boy.

!!!

I recognized the duo immediately.

The mother approached me, her eyes brimming with tears of gratitude. With a tremble in her voice, she spoke, "I cannot express how thankful I am for what you've done. You saved not just my child's life, but mine as well." She kneeled by the bedside and took my hands in her, "Thank you so much!"

It got me flustered, "I-uh," I wasn't sure how to respond to that, "You should stand up!" I looked at the boy. He was standing by the bedside as well, with no trace of miasma on him at all.

When he saw me looking at him, he gave me a ninety degree bow, which on his part looked awfully adorable.

The mother looked at me, "You're our guardian angel." There was a vulnerable look in her eyes, "I'm so happy you exist,"

!!!

The boy raised his head, his cheeks puffy and red while his eyes were sparkling, "Thank you," He said as well, making me feel something.

Their words touched me deeply, and I felt tears prickling at the corners of my eyes. I reached out to embrace her, feeling the weight of her relief and the warmth of her gratitude enveloping me like a comforting embrace.

"You're welcome," I whispered, my voice thick with emotion. "I'm just grateful that I could help." The hug lasted for a few seconds, then we broke up and I looked at them, "Be careful from now on," It felt nice, but at the same time, I felt like a fraud.

This power was never meant to be mine.

"Yes!" The mother grabbed her son and pulled him into a side-hug, "Thank you so much again!"

She stood up and I waved her goodbye.

As they turned to leave, the mother paused, turning back to look at me with a smile that lit up her entire face. "We'll never forget what you've done for us," she said, her voice filled with sincerity. "You're a true hero."

There was a sense of unease. I did manage to smile at her and I was happy that I could help but my world seemed to spin weirdly. Something felt so out of place and I still couldn't believe it.

Cory took them out this time and I slumped back on the bed. My mind filled with things.

So there's no doubt left. I have developed Holy Power. I feel like my whole body was broken down and rebuilt countless times, so that I could accommodate this power in me.

I pursed my lips in nervousness.

But now what?

"Oh, and um," Aira seemed a little antsy, "Boss?"

I looked at her,"What is it?"

"There's someone else who wants to talk to you." She frowned, "And I think they're there to talk about something serious."

"Who?"

***

As I descended the stairs into the familiar embrace of my café, a sense of unease settled over me like a heavy shroud. The usually bustling space lay eerily silent, devoid of the lively chatter and clinking of dishes that typically filled the air. A chill crept up my spine as I scanned the empty tables and vacant chairs, a foreboding feeling gnawing at the pit of my stomach.

And then, I saw her—Archmage May, seated alone at a table in the far corner of the room. My heart skipped a beat at the sight of her, a cold shiver running down my spine. Her presence seemed to cast a pall over the entire cafe. When she saw me coming down, she stood up and walked over.

I approached her cautiously, my footsteps echoing loudly in the silent space. As I drew nearer, I could feel the weight of her gaze bearing down on me, scrutinizing me with an intensity that made my skin crawl. It was weird that I could feel that, even though I couldn't see her eyes.

"Archmage May," I greeted her, my voice betraying the anxiety that churned within me. "To what do I owe the honor of your visit?" I pretended not to know.

Her lips curved into a cold smile, sending a shiver down my spine. "I've come to discuss something with you," she replied, her voice like ice against my skin.

"Discuss what?" Dread settled in the pit of my stomach like a heavy stone, my pulse quickening with a sense of impending doom. I knew that whatever she had to say would not be easy to hear, and that the consequences could be dire.

"Are you sure you don't know why I'm here?" She smiled, "Hmm?"

"I am not," I replied. I don't know why I was even denying it. It wasn't like she was simply going to leave because I said I didn't know.

"I see, you seem to want to avoid this," I could just tell she was looking at me with a sly gaze even though her eyes were hidden behind the lace, "But that's quite foolish of you considering you made a spectacle of yourself in public." She let out a snicker, "Why pretend when you can't outrun it?"

"..." I don't know either. I definitely don't want this, but it's not like I could just abandon the mother and her child? I was so scared at that time. I had no idea how I did it, but I'm glad I did it, otherwise I would be drowning in guilt, "Why are you here archmage May?"

I asked knowing full well her answer was going to make me feel bad

"Why else?" She said, "You have been summoned by the king, I'm here to take you,"

Oh No...