Chapter 6- Do you love him?

Start from the beginning

Ashton looks over his shoulder to the blonde Elio, "She'll probably come in-" Before Ashton gets to finish his sentence he's aggressively getting tapped by Elio whose eyes widen before Ashton hears the ring of the entrance bell.

"Act casual." Ashton nudges Elio before grabbing a tea towel and beginning to clean up the coffee station, pretending to be busy, Elio chuckles at the scene.

"Hi." Layla breathlessly greets, her pearly white teeth glimmering when she smiles causing Elio's cheeks to redden and his lips to remain tightly shut.

Ashton notices the silence and picks his head up, turning to find Elio as anxious as a newborn puppy, with a sigh, "Hi!" Ashton beams.

Layla nears closer to the counter beside the coffee machine, delicately leaning over it, "Where is she?" Layla asks, so straightforwardly Ashton feels his eyebrows bounce at her attitude, he likes it.

Elio is now standing behind Ashton, his head popping up from over his shoulder before Ashton lets out an exaggerated sigh, "You know what, I'm sorry to tell you, but she isn't in today." He shakes his head in such a manner that it nearly makes Layla laugh.

The reality of what Ashton just told her hits before she straightens herself in case of any clear disappointment in her features, she slowly nods in response, her lips pursed in quiet sadness.

"But.. She will most likely be at her apartment-" Ashton beams, an almost mischievous smile plastered across his lips as he turns to Elio, "Right, Elio?" Ashton adds. Layla's eyes flicked from both of these men who seemed to be awfully unserious.

Elio begins to rapidly nod, "We can give you the address if you'd like." Elio informatively mumbles, loudly enough for it to be heard by Layla as this time of noon is quiet in the Cafe.

Layla's eyebrows quickly knit at the absurd suggestion, the pair spotting this, "She wouldn't mind!" Ashton remarks. "She really wouldn't." Elio insists.

After some convincing, they gave Layla Red's apartment address, and Layla walked out of the shop still bewildered at how this pair gave her enough of a reason to confidently make her way out with the address on her phone, clutched nervously in her hand.

Ashton and Elio's excitement is disrupted by Lilith's appearance, "What did I miss?" Lilith curiously eyes them, it gets to Elio's head, and just as his red face calms down fire strikes up once again.

"We sent Layla to your apartment." Ashton blurts out, his eyes excitedly bright. Lilith's curious expression instantly shatters to one of intense insecurity, "What?" Lilith chuckles in disbelief.

Ashton clicks his tongue, "You heard right!" He belts before grabbing Elio by his weak shoulders from behind and shaking him.

Lilith grimaces, "That's ridiculous." She dully responds, untying the apron around her waist and tying it again anxiously.

"Oh, stop being sour just cause you're jealous." Ashton scoffs, letting go of Elio and cockily crossing his arms, his eyes scanning across her body. "He's got a point." Elio adds.

Lilith feels annoyance overcome her, "I'm just watching out for Red.." Lilith corrects, her eyes rolling at the way these two are behaving, "I was the one that had to pick her up from the start, not you guys. You don't understand the hold this girl has over Red. I don't want Red to read too deeply into this seeing as this girl also has a boyfriend." She continues, her expression firmly held on the pair.

Ashton's jaw slightly clenches, "First off, 'this girl' is called Layla and she was a big part of Red's life. Second off, I'm pretty sure Red is mature enough to know how to handle it all fine on her own." Ashton's voice comes out stern and laced with disbelief at how Lilith disregards the role Layla played in Red's life.