"However, Saturn has indeed been attacked by the Union's forces! That's the fact!" Defense Minister Yamamoto retorted loudly.

Then, a staff member of the IF Space Development Organization who had been standing behind the two spoke up.

"Just after the attack on Saturn... there was a statement from the Space Drifters Union directed towards Earth. Please have a look at this."

The staff member operated a wristwatch-like device, projecting a holographic display in front of the queen and her entourage. On it was a broadcast sent by the Space Drifters Union to the entire solar system. There was the figure of a man with blue skin, whom Queen Riza and her entourage were familiar with.

"Attention all inhabitants of Earth, I am Ganvo Le Mansi, the head representative of the Space Drifters Union's administration. You should be aware of our unfathomable fury at the unforgivable folly of assassinating Her Majesty the Queen. First Saturnus, then Venast, Mazner, Jupe... and finally Earth. Choose between utter annihilation or submission before then."

The broadcast ended there. Queen Riza and her attendants exchanged perplexed looks.

"Assassination...? What is Ganvo talking about?" Lothrie murmured quietly. As question marks danced above everyone's heads, Chief of the Royal Guard, Törner, considered one possibility.

"Could it be... that the Charians staged a coup in the absence of Her Majesty?"

Törner was considering the worst-case scenario. While the general populace, educated under the notion that the Queen is absolute, might not be aware, it was a well-discussed topic within the Royal Guard that certain factions within the upper echelons of the Charians, the most populous faction in the Union, harbored antagonism towards the Queen's Court.

"Lothrie... Contact the Meenan docked at Mazner immediately! As soon as we arrive at Mazner, we'll return to the mothership!"

Queen Riza instantly understood what needed to be done. It was imperative to return to the mothership as soon as possible to demonstrate her well-being. However, to thwart that, assassins sent by the Charians were creeping towards Mars. Simultaneously, fleets dispatched by the Space Drifters Union were nearing each of the inhabited planets in the solar system.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 20

Suiryu, Mars

Here in the East Asian residential district of Suiryu in Mars, there stood a Korean restaurant where Itsuki and Sumiichiro were seated. On the table were various dishes such as jeon, corn cheese, and two servings of bibimbap. The two were using metal chopsticks to enjoy Pyongyang naengmyeon.

"Sometimes... eating out is nice, isn't it?"

"Haha, better than always struggling with amateurish homemade cooking..."

Upon hearing Sumiichiro's words, Itsuki giggled. Still a wanted fugitive, she camouflaged herself by wearing round glasses and a beret to conceal her identity. Three months had passed since the incident, and perhaps due to waning public interest, her true identity hadn't been exposed whenever she ventured outside. However, there was a shadow creeping closer to the two enjoying their family meal. That shadow discreetly approached Itsuki and leaned close to her ear to whisper.

"Oh my... the attempted regicide fugitive, defenseless in public."

"!!?"

Itsuki and Sumiichiro turned around to the source of the voice with utmost vigilance. There stood the "Fairy of Seleno Aqua" clad in casual attire.