Epic Aerial Battle: Fairy vs US-2

Same day

Bucholz Imperial Naval Air Station, Kwajalein, Republic of the Marshall Islands

Two days after the discovery of the distributor, on Kwajalein Island, far from Palau and the Philippines, the soldiers deployed to the region were going about their normal daily routines. They are now playing poker by the US-2 parked in the hangar. No emergency call was made to warn of the pirates' attack, and the time passed idly by.

"But... they keep coming up whether we crush them or not, those PLA crumbles!"

"Don't talk like that, Shibuya. The PLA is the CCP's forces, and pirates are pirates."

A senior seaman first class reprimanded the young Shibuya for his comment. As a result of the East Asia War that broke out from 2022 to 2024, the People's Liberation Army was forced to downsize under the leadership of the United Nations, and the South China Sea and South Pacific region is now overrun by remnants of that army that have become pirates.

Pirates are not only prevalent in the waters of Asia, but also in the Caribbean Sea and the Arab world, where attacks on trading ships and looting of coastal areas by groups of people known as pirates have been rampant. It is not only on land that the security order has collapsed, but also on the sea.

"...But it must be true that they are former PLA soldiers, stealing warships and running amok. Because of them we never run out of work. Isn't that a nice nuisance?"

"But there will be those who will be glad to have them. If that's the case, then isn't there a point in continuing to hunt pirates on this island?"

"Well... you have a point."

The soldiers of the Imperial Navy were having a peaceful time, exchanging idle chatter that could be interrupted at any moment. In the midst of all this, the man who had just scolded his junior for the comment, spoke with a look like he had just recalled something.

"By the way... data was delivered from the Micronesia Dispatch Force HQ in Palau. It was a picture of the person who was named as the manufacturer of the magic drug and details of her background. I'll send it to all terminals later, so please check it out."

The seaman first class tossed two cards. The idyllic time passed, and before long, the brilliant sun has turned into a sunset.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kwajalein Urban Area, Republic of the Marshall Islands

Soon night falls. The island was once leased by the United States and home to the US Army's Bucholz Army Airfield, but after the US renounced its lease and the Compact of Free Association and the military left Micronesia, residents began to move back to the island from the nearby Ebeye Island. After the government of the Republic of the Marshall Islands signed a new alliance with the Japanese government and stationed the Imperial Japanese Navy on the island, the Japanese government did not evict the residents, and the island is still home to a thriving settlement of local residents.

The Bucholz Army Airfield retained only its name and is now occupied by the Imperial Japanese Navy. The Japanese government has restored the golf course, supermarket, and beaches that once belonged to the base, and not only the base personnel and their families but also the local people use these facilities. Relations between the two are very good, and the town is lined with bars that cater to Japanese civilians and their military personnel.

Sudo visited one of the bars, which had become his favorite. Behind the counter, the master was alone, making cocktails.

"........."