Schoolgirl Abduction

September 15, 2112

Yokohama, Japan

On the day two days before the opening of the cultural festival, Michiomi Saura was returning home to his luxury apartment after a dispute with the Astronomy Club. When he unlocked the front door using fingerprint identification, his parents were waiting for him there.

"...What's going on, Dad? It's unusual for you to pick me up."

"........."

Michiomi was bewildered by the presence of his father, Yoshiomi. His father frowned and headed toward the back of the room in silence.

"Listen, Michiomi... Dad and Mom need to talk to you. Can you drop your stuff off and come to the living room?"

"...?"

His mother ordered him to come to the living room without saying why. Michiomi looked doubtful. After putting his club activities and school bag in his room, he went to the living room where his parents were waiting for him. Yoshiomi and his wife were sitting side by side on one of the couches facing each other in the room. Michiomi sat across from them.

"You... I heard that you have been rough with that Hasena girl."

"...Ha?"

Michiomi had no idea what he was talking about. Yoshiomi shouted angrily.

"...I heard that you committed a crime against a female student named Teru Kadoma!"

"Kadoma...? Ooh, I was just messing around. What's that supposed to mean?"

Michiomi had already almost forgotten about Teru. But he didn't realize the repercussions of what he had done.

"That girl... she is the adopted daughter of the Hasena family, the largest agricultural baron in Japan. This morning, the Hasena family lodged a formal protest at the school. What they want... is for you to be expelled!"

"W-what!? Why!?"

Michiomi was understandably shocked. As the son of a wealthy family, he knew the name Hasena. However, what he did not know was that they were a family of dragons. Hence, he was unaware of the connection between the rumor surrounding Teru that she was the "servant of a Daiyōkai" and the Hasena family.

"I'm not going to be expelled, right!? Dad!? Come on!?" Michiomi shot up and begged his father.

"...I managed to get them to agree to a two-week suspension and written remorse. You should be grateful."

"Hah? Suspension? A letter of remorse? ...You've got to be kidding me, why do I have to do that for that ugly slut?"

Michiomi was unrepentant. On the contrary, he was resentful toward Teru. And his flippant attitude finally caused his father to snap.

"...YOU UNGRATEFUL IDIOT, ARE YOU FOR REAL!? HOW MUCH MORE DO YOU HAVE TO HUMILIATE YOUR PARENTS!?"

"!?"

Yoshiomi grabbed his son by the chest and roared at the speechless Michiomi. His wife was mortified.

"Hasena Agriculture is our biggest business partner! If you ever do anything like that to us again, I will disown you as my son!"

"...What!?"

Michiomi was stunned by this ultimatum from his father, whom he had come to rely on. His father shoved him away and stomped to his room in exasperation.

Ryuji's Home, Yokohama

Meanwhile, a phone call arrived at Ryuji's house where Teru is living. The caller, Ryuji, was talking with an extremely tense expression on his face. On the sofa in the living room were Yadoya and Koba, both members of the Astronomy Club. Teru was in the kitchen making tea.