The Truth Revealed

November 6

Joint Investigation Headquarters, Metropolitan Police Department

On the day after the Japanese government sent a request to the Korean government for the attendance of the counselor, a joint investigation meeting was held at the investigation headquarters investigating the Expo case, giving up their Saturday holiday. The officers were reporting the results of their investigations to Superintendent Sakamoto who was seated in front of the meeting.

"The plan for this case was found in the hiding place of the criminal group. It seems that they were partially advised by Chief Inspector Kogasaki as to where to place the bombs."

The hiding place of the terrorist group was located in a former theme park in Maihama, Urayasu City, Chiba Prefecture. All items placed there were confiscated and thoroughly investigated. As a result, Kogasaki's hair and items with his fingerprints on them were found, which corroborated that he was involved in terrorism. However, it seemed that they had disposed of anything that would indicate a relationship with the embassy beforehand, and they were unable to find anything that would reveal the nose of the Korean government.

"...That's all about it. That concludes my report, sir."

After finishing his report, the detective sat down in his chair, tucking his police notebook into his chest pocket. Sakamoto sighed loudly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 8

Midori University Hospital

One week and one day had passed since the Expo incident, and three days since the second victim was found. On this day, Juen and Tamura visited the Midori University Hospital where the second victim was found again. They entered the hospital and approached a woman standing at the general reception desk. When they showed her their police identification cards, the woman, perhaps sensing their purpose, ushered them to go to a back room.

As they waited in the room they were shown, Nakato, who had previously been in charge of their reception, appeared. After exchanging a brief greeting, they sat down on chairs facing each other.

"I apologize for the suddenness of this conversation, but there is something I really need to ask you concerning the incident three days ago."

"No, no, it's alright. A patient was murdered. We have no reason to withhold our cooperation. So... what can we do for you now?"

Nakato maintained his composure, but inwardly he was nervous that a suspect might have surfaced from the list of demi-human employees he had given him the other day.

"...Before I go any further, the list of names you showed me the other day, all of them have confirmed alibis. I don't think any of them are the culprit."

"...! Ah... that's a relief."

Nakato visibly relaxed. But that was not why Juen and Tamura came here to tell him. With an indescribable expression, Juen went right to the point.

"The reason I asked you this time... there is a doctor named Mitsuhiro Inudera at this hospital, right? Is it possible to meet with him?"

"Inudera-sensei... was it? What about him?"

"I have something important to tell him."

The name that Juen mentioned was the name of a doctor who works as a hematologist at this hospital. He was also the attending physician for Tadato Kogasaki, Takeichi's relative. However, he is not registered in the family register as a demi-human. Since his physique is not different from that of an ordinary human, he has never been suspected of being a secret demi-human. Therefore, Nakato did not understand why Inudera's name was mentioned here.

Rising Rays of the New Century: Tale of the Japanese Empireजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें