Alien Invasion

March 18, 2199

Martian Administrative Agency, Suiryu, the capital of Mars

Among the planetary region spanning from Mercury, where humanity has expanded, to Saturn, each planet other than Mercury, where civilian settlement occurs, has an "Administrative Agency" under the International Federation Space Development Organization as its governing body. The Administrator is appointed by the SDA, so there is no concept of decentralization such as local councils or mayoral elections on each extraterrestrial body. It is commonly recognized that the SDA is controlled by the Japanese government, and individuals appointed to positions are strongly influenced by the intentions of the Japanese government. In reality, this has become a major factor in Japan being referred to as the Empire of the Solar System.

In the center of the Martian administration, the Martian Administrative Agency, a meeting of ministers was taking place this month. The Administrator, Akihiro Murei, sat at the center of the round table, while other chairs were occupied by specialized officials in fields such as agriculture, development, education, and public safety.

"Since the beginning of this month... clashes between illegal organizations have been increasing rapidly. The police are mobilized, and the budget is strained just from overtime allowances alone," complained David Jorente, the official in charge of public safety, in Spanish.

Each space city operates under a dual system, with a Local Police supervised by the Administrative Agency of each celestial body and the International Federation Space Force (IFSF) directly under the SDA maintaining public order. The IFSF is also responsible for rescue operations in space accidents and similar activities.

The IFSF is an independent organization separate from the Administrative Agencies of each celestial body. Moreover, the true nature of the IFSF is the Imperial Japanese Space Force itself. While personnel such as satellite operators and ground personnel for interplanetary communication and public safety may come from other countries' space forces, those who actually engage in activities in space, such as space combat fighters, space transport vessels, and space warships... all of them are Japanese. This was a natural consequence of the fact that the only country with a full-fledged 'space force' was Japan, which was benefiting from the Fusō. This existence vividly illustrates the fact that Japan dominates the solar system.

"The independence movement is also active. Acts of terrorism by extremists have been increasing in the past month," said Ban Xiongmao, the development official. Particularly on the Moon and Mars, where the population is high, there has been a significant dissatisfaction with the current situation where Japan alone dominates space administration for over a century, and there is a growing movement demanding independence as autonomous governments and participation in the International Federation.

"Honestly... Does the term 'security' not exist on this planet?"

"Even the Space Development Organization... We must increase the personnel of the International Federation Space Force further; otherwise, we won't be able to maintain public order!?"

"The Japanese don't understand how vast the outer space is!"

The meeting was heating up in its discussion of the security of Mars. It was not only the general public but also the ministers who had grievances against the IFSDO that ruled over them from a distant place, as well as Japan that controls it. Amidst the chaos of the meeting, the doors suddenly opened. The ministers of Mars turned their gaze to the source, where a young official, out of breath, stood.

"...P-pardon my intrusion! Just now, a number of flying objects have intruded into Martian space from the Phobos Unmanned Base... identification code unknown! They are not from the Space Force!"