The TV show with Ellen had, at least, clearly officialized Mitch's and Avi's relationship, added another floor to the national debate around the LGBT community rights (even the Federal law hadn't silenced everyone...), but also allowed the public to focus on their real purpose: music. The short sneak peek they had offered to the public had been shared with enthusiasm, as expected, and the haters' voices has been hushed up by the excitement of the musical reviews, who usually didn't pay so much attention, if not any, to the sexual orientations of the artists.

Interviews and TV shows succeeded one another, and the whole band felt proud, so pleased by the warm welcome for their hardwork. Avi and Mitch behaved in public as they always had, showing that their private life didn't have to interfere with the career of the Band. They clearly refused to talk more about them in interviews. Slowly, things got back to normal.

More or less.

*****

Mitch's parents had called him in the beginning of November. Knowing that PTX was rather busy with promotional stuff, they wanted to come and visit them in L.A. rather than inviting them in Texas. And besides getting to know Avi better, they also wished to discover their new home.

Mitch had felt embarrassed, because he was afraid that it would remind his own father's reluctance to Avi. But Avi silenced his fears, telling he would be really happy to welcome them at home. And indeed, they spent a nice weekend. Mitch's father managed to take Avi apart to tell him how much he felt relieved to know his son with him.

- Mitch can be strong in some ways, but he has always been... different. So sensitive, and sometimes I wonder if he really lives among us all the time.

- That's why I call him my angel, had smiled Avi. He seems to come from another world sometimes, and I like it.

- I see you understand him well! smiled Mitch's father. I'm really happy to welcome you in our family.

When Mitch's parents were gone, after a warm hug with both young men, Avi told Mitch how much he had appreciated to get to know them more.

Mitch smiled but didn't answer.

*****

It was around the middle of November when Scott received a text from Avi, a little before lunch.

Avi: I need to talk to you. Alone.

It had to be about Mitch. Scott called Kirstie.

- Hey Kirst! I need your help.

- Sure! Tell me.

- I need you to take Mitch for shopping or to the cinema or whatever you like. Avi wants to talk to me, I don't know what' s going on, but he wouldn't ask for nothing.

- Oh! I hope it's not too serious!

- I'll tell you later. Text me when you've arranged something with Mitch, okay?

- I'm free this afternoon, I call him now.

Scott: Kirstie will invite Mitch to hang out this afternoon. Do you want me to come over when he'll be gone?

Avi: Yes, thank you.

The door opened at Scott's first knock. Avi silently gestured him to come in. He closed the door and followed Scott in the living room. Scott turned to him and opened his arms. Avi seemed to hesitate just a second, but finally accepted his hug. Scott felt his tense body slightly relax in his arms, but Avi soon pulled away with a deep sigh.

- What's going on Avi?

- Do you want a drink? I'd rather bring something now, before beginning to explain.

- As you like my friend. Do you need one yourself?

- I have some tea ready.

- Find me a soda and it'll be fine.

They settled on the couch. Scott folded a leg under him to turn to Avi, who was facing the coffee table, his forearms resting on his lap, his hands hanging between his legs. He took another deep sigh.

- We all know Mitch has been drinking too much for awhile. When we started to date, he stepped back slowly, most of all during spring, when he got more self-confident about our relationship. Since this summer, he hasn't been drinking more than me.

Scott nodded silently, then mumbled his agreement when he realised that Avi wasn't looking at him. Avi raised his head and caught his gaze. There was so much concern in his eyes!

- He drinks again, Scott. Two glasses instead of one when we drink together. But also when he's alone. He brought some wine in his music room. He goes outside alone sometimes. Anywhere we go, if someone offers a drink, he chooses some alcohol. I tried to  talk with him, but he told me it was all in my head. I know it's not.

- How long has it been?

- Little by little, after the release of the video for our song. Something's gnawing at him for sure, but he won't let me know. Nothing special happened between us, he didn't change about me.

Scott remained thoughtful for a while.

- He drinks when he feels powerless. Or guilty. Or both. Remember this spring, when he was thinking he shouldn't be with you, because he thought he would undermine you. There must be something else tormenting him.

- I have no clue! And he won't help... I really don't know what to do. He seems to be happy with me otherwise. And I am with him, he knows it. Our album goes well. We both began to write some solo stuff and we shared it, he seemed so happy about it. But he drinks too much and he pretends not to.

- I will talk to him. Not tomorrow, but the day after. We have an interview in the morning, I will ask him to hang out with me afterwards. I guess it won't be easy, he's so reserved when it comes to you. But I won't let go.

- Thank you Scott.

- What for? I love him too, I love you both actually. You would do the same for me. C'mon, dragon-bird! We've overcome a lot already! We'll find a way about this!

Scott's phone suddenly tinkled.

- It's Kirsie. Mitch will be back soon. I must go now.

He got up, and so did Avi. He hugged him warmly.

- I'm happy you called me. Don't worry, we'll find out. Mitch can be strong, you already know it. But even if he made a lot of progress, he still doubts about himself sometimes.

- I feel so helpless.

- Don't. I've seen him worse than this before. You're by his side, it means a lot for him. Trust him, love him, I'll take care of the sibbling's part, ended Scott with a reassuring smile.

After a last tight hug, Scott left.

*************************

A/N

I won't be there tomorrow, see you on monday hopefully, lovelies!