Chapter 12

As he neared the border of the purple moon pack, Taehyung felt a human scent that he had never wished to smell inside their island

As he neared the border of the purple moon pack, Taehyung felt a human scent that he had never wished to smell inside their island. Taehyung increased his speed even more when he heard gunshots as he got closer. Taehyung's eyes turned bloodshot as he heard the pained wails and saw smoke billowing into the sky in the distance.

Taehyung knows very well that no one in the pack can use guns except Alpha Kim, Hoseok and a few other beta warriors. And they didn't have enough guns and bullets for a war.

Because Taehyung knew about humans, he knew that silver bullets and wolfsbane mix bullets could even kill werewolves.

Therefore, when approaching the pack, Taehyung raised his focus and was careful not to get hit by humans' bullets.

And as soon as he saw any weakness of the humans, his wolf did not even hesitate for a moment to inflict mortal wounds without any mercy on the humans who were trying to kill them.

So when Taehyung approached the palace, he was bathed in blood to the extent that it was scary to even look at his wolf form.

As soon as he saw his father in the distance, Taehyung turned into human form and ran to Alpha Kim without worrying about his naked body.

"A-appa?"

"Taehyung??"

"G-grandma?" Seeing Taehyung's lips quiver, Alpha Kim looked down and shook his head, trying to hide the pain that spread across his face.

"No! No! No!!! This can't happen!" Taehyung muttered as he took a step back.

His eyes darted towards Jia who was kneeling near the gate of the palace and slowly he walked towards her as his heart ached.

"Taehyung!" Hoseok, who was watching Jia from a distance and ensuring her safety, saw Taehyung and came to him and threw a pair of pants at him.

Taehyung mindlessly wore the pants before heading towards his sister and Hoseok followed him closely.

Stopping a little further away from Jia, Hoseok patted Taehyung on the back, leaving the two siblings alone, standing their making sure they were safe.

Even Alpha Kim was in excruciating pain, but he suppressed all his feelings for the safety of his kingdom and engaged in protecting his pack.

"O-oppa.. Grandma.." As soon as Taehyung came and knelt down next to Jia, her crying increased.

Tears began to fall from Taehyung's eyes as he looked at the lifeless body of Grandma Kim, who rested her head on Jia's lap.

He is an alpha even if he wants to scream and cry. Taehyung needs to be strong this time for the sake of the pack. Even grandma expects that from him. So Taehyung took her cold, wrinkled hand and placed a kiss on her knuckles, silently saying goodbye to her.

Taehyung then pulled Jia into his arms and let her cry on his shoulder, trying to comfort her for a while.

After a few minutes, Taehyung stood up, wiping the tears in his eyes as his eyes filled with rage.