(CHAPTER ONE) the website (prologue)

(WARNING: THIS ENTIRE STORY WILL CONTAIN STUFF LIKE TRANSFORMATION, TG, MANY DIFFERENT HORROR ELEMENTS, SWEARING, MENTIONS OF PARASITES AND WORMS, BODY HORROR, SCREAMING, MENTIONS OF DRUGS, LOTS OF PHYSICAL PAIN, MENTAL CHANGE, SLIME/GOOP TF, BODY EXPANSION, MONSTERS, BLOOD, VOMITING, ORGANS, AND A BUNCH OF OTHER HORRIFIC STUFF, IF YOUR EITHER TRIGGERED, SCARED, OR SIMPLY NOT A FAN OF ANY OF THESE, I SUGGEST YOU FIND ANOTHER STORY, ALL LATER CHAPTERS WILL HAVE THEIR OWN WARNINGS ON THEM)

bored, bored, bored, that was what was going through Wally's head right now.

he was currently surfing through random sites on his computer, he was having a pretty bad day already, with his boss at work being mad at him for something he didn't do along with a few other things getting in his way, Wally thought that seeing what the internet had to offer would give him at least a teeny bit of joy or laughter.

yet sadly, everything on the sites he looked through didn't even make him chuckle, he was about to turn his computer off to go to sleep until his eyes caught a interesting looking thumbnail.

"Huh? what is this?" he muttered.

the thumbnail shown a cartoon image of a living bubble with pitch black limbs and a scared face as they moved away from the point of a bright red pin, the video itself was simply titled "BFDI 1a: take the plunge", the little characters on the thumbnail looked quite cute, so Wally decided to click onto it.

once he started watching and a random match on the video said "yeah, I know, she was so surprised!" in a sassy voice, Wally knew this little series was going to brighten up his mood.

for the next hour or so, Wally kept watching the few episodes available for BFDI (keep in mind this series takes place around late 2010), and his sad frown turned into a joyous smile, while the show was definitely out of his age range and was probably mainly made for children, he found himself loving the jokes (including the classic "pin, wrong finger" scene), and he also found himself loving the characters, especially one character in particular..

Woody. (no, not from toy story)

despite the fact he was eliminated pretty early on, Wally couldn't help but feel bad whenever woody got hurt or scared, and he got pretty sad when he saw him kicked out of the game, while his love for him wasn't obsessive, he still wished he wasn't voted out so early.

at one point during his binge, Wally noticed some text in the description saying "WANT TO JOIN BATTLE FOR DREAM ISLAND? CLICK THIS LINK HERE TO THE OFICIAL JACKNJELLIFY WEBSITE!!", there was also a link leading to said website.

anybody else in the modern day would have not even tried to touch the link in fear of getting a virus, but Wally was simply too curious about it to think of the consequences, so he clicked the link.

the link led him to a fancy looking website titled "BATTLEFORDREAMISLAND.COM", it looked like one of those children's games websites that had multiple pages for things like minigames, where to watch episodes, information, etc, but Wally wasn't here for all that, he was here to join BFDI, so he clicked on the page saying "BFDI REGISTRATION TEST".

the site led him to a screen that shown a bunch of images of all the BFDI contestants, along with text on the top saying "CHOOSE YOUR CONTESTANT!", Wally quickly noticed that pretty much the rest of the characters had crosses on them, and when he tried to click on firey, who had a cross over him, it simply said "ALREADY CHOSEN", thankfully, it seemed like woody was the only one still available, so Wally quickly chose him before another screen popped up.

there were a bunch of empty bars with text above them saying things like "name", "date of birth", all those kinds of things, Wally soon typed in most of the things it required, except for one.

where he lived.

while he was being quite an idiot right now, he knew he must always be careful with saying about where he lived, so he knew he shouldn't put in his IP or whatever here.

but maybe..it would accept the country he lived in?

he decided to test it via simply typing in "Montana" which was the state he live in, and sure enough, the website accepted it, phew, at least he didn't have to type in his IP address or anything.

as soon as he pressed the button saying "VERIFY" on the bottom, a new page appeared, simply saying "CONGRATULATIONS! WELCOME TO BATTLE FOR DREAM ISLAND! YOUR VERIFICATION WILL BE COMPLETED IN THE NEXT FEW HOURS!", there was also a cute confetti effect along with a bunch of BFDI characters jumping up and down with their arms in the air in celebration.

"ah, sweet! uh oh, looks like I've stayed up longer then I thought, I really should go to bed now.." Wally mumbled as he turned his computer off and walked to his bed.

"man, I cannot wait for that verification to be done in the morning, I wonder what I'll get after its finished, maybe some merchandise? or a chance to talk to the creators of BFDI? or even compete on a real life version of it?!" Wally kept muttering on and on about his fantasies of what he could earn from that website, he kept going until exhaustion forced him to fall asleep.

while he was going to get a reward for verifying himself, Wally is simply not prepared for what was to happen next, all the horrors he will see, all the new friends taken away from him, and the terrifying experience both him and many other people will go through.

all because he put in where he lived.