We Don't Talk About Him [Encanto]

It was another day in the village of Encanto. Lots of chatter, people working and walking around. "Now that I think about it," Mirabel looked over to her aunt. "Tía Julie, how did you meet Tío Bruno and where did he go?" She asked which seemed to make Julie tense up. "We don't talk about Bruno," Pepa interrupted as she pulled her sister-in-law away from Mirabel.

(ง ◉ _ ◉)ง

Encanto is a village that is hidden in the mountains of Columbia and it's hidden for a reason. Six years ago, there was a conflict that happened in the townspeople's old village. Soldiers were burning neighboring houses and killing other civilians, which made the remaining surviving civilians flee. All hope was gone when other soldiers in horses came over behind us after most had passed by the river. There was this particular couple, that stopped.

It was Alma and Pedro Madrigal. Pedro sacrificed himself for the remaining people who escaped, however, Alma was devastated as she fell to the ground while still holding on to her triplets that had been born just a few hours ago. The candle Pedro left for Alma started to glow and it pushed the soldiers and their horses away as the candle magically hid them away with mountains that no one outside would expect.

The candle made a house for Alma and her triplets, and the townspeople see her as a leader after that incident, calling it "Casa Madrigal." Five years later, her triplets were given a gift from the candle: The eldest one, Julieta, was given a gift of making food that can heal anything, and the middle child, Pepa, was given the gift of manipulating the weather with her emotions, and the youngest triplet, Bruno, was given the gift of seeing the future.

Out of all of the triplets, Bruno is the one who gets shunned because of his gift and the low expectations of Alma after his first day of giving futures to the other townspeople making him the "black sheep" of the family. He felt alone, but it was all gone when he met a girl who didn't seem to mind having a bad future be told to her. After that moment, it began a long-term friendship between the two.

'✵•.¸,✵°✵.。.✰ 𝙴𝚗𝚌𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚘 ✰.。.✵°✵,¸.•✵'
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚕

Giggles were heard as a little girl was holding her mother's hand as they went over to the marketplace that was filled with people either doing their work or buying from stalls. "Be on your good behavior, ok, mija?" The mother looked at her daughter as her daughter smiled at her mother. "Okie, mama," the little giggled once more as she held her mother's hand.

It wasn't the only thing that she was holding onto. She was also holding onto her plush bunny named Corazon. Her mother let go of her daughter's hand for a bit as she looked at the groceries that they needed, which made the young girl look around. She has never gotten out before until today so this was her opportunity to explore around. She noticed a dark stall over to her left and kept looking over there.

She saw a man and a young boy sitting down with sand around them in a circle. They were in the farthest part of the market, which made the little girl wonder why. All of a sudden, a big sandstorm swirled around them, which made the little girl look over there out of wonder. After the sand storm was done, she watched as the boy showed him a lit green tablet and told the man something. The man looked furious as he stood up and stormed away from the stall.

The little one looked over at her mother and back to the boy, and she grew the courage to walk over there. Bruno, who was ten years old, sighed as he made another person angry about their future. It was just his first day of using his gift to the townspeople, so there might be a good future that's going to happen to them if he shows them. Well, he hopes that those futures were positives instead of negatives.

"Excuse me," Bruno jolted up and looked over to see a little girl, not sure if she was near his age. "Oh, hey girlie," he looked around for anyone else but it was only her. "Where are your parents?" He asked as he noticed the bunny toy that she holding onto. "My mama went to get food for the house. My papa is a farmer, so he's nowhere near here," the little girl replied as she sat down on the ground. "Um, ok," he scratched his head as the little girl was just looking at him. "Um... how old are you?" He asked. "I'm about to be eight," she giggled.

"Do you want to see your future or...?" He asked confusingly as the little girl's eyes lit up. "Is that what you do here?" She asked. "Yeah, the sign beside you says so," the little girl looked beside her to indeed see a sign. "Oh, I can't read," she giggled which made Bruno raise his eyebrows. "Well, if you want to, but I'm gonna warn you. If you don't like your future, don't go crying to your parents about it. I don't control your future," Bruno gave a disclaimer as the young girl nodded in agreement.

"Hold onto my hands," he placed both his hands out for the little girl to grab. She held onto them and noticed that his hands were softer than what she expected. She looked to see that his hands were so much bigger than her hands, which, for reference, his hands hid her hands like they were merely small balls. "Now, don't freak out. This is just part of the process," Bruno explained as the little girl looked back at him. He closed his eyes and sand started to swirl around them like what the little girl had seen before.

As he opens his eyes, his dark brown eyes turn into glowing green eyes which amazes the young girl. Bruno looked at her future as it showed in front of him. The same little girl was holding onto her parents' hands as she giggled in glee and he noticed she left her bunny toy behind. He watched as she looked around in worry and looked like she was going to cry. All of a sudden, a boy shows up and gives her toy back and she looks happy.

The next scene was her being older and he blushed when he saw the little girl, who was older in his vision, smile. He couldn't say it out loud, but she looks pretty when she's older. The next scene was her holding hands with someone and the last image was her falling into the water fountain, sooner than later, it was all over.

He felt confused about what he saw as he looked at the green tablet in front of him. He pulled it up and this tablet was different from the tablets that were shown to him. When he moved it to the right, it was the little girl losing her bunny toy, when he straightened the tablet, it was her older self smiling, and when he turned the tablet to the left, it was her falling into the water fountain.

He was confused by the last vision because when she was falling, she had a smile on her face, which made him more confused about it. "Well, um," Bruno looked over to the little girl. "You seem to have a clumsy life? You may lose something precious soon," he told her.

Stopped Writing.
Lost Interest.