Vikram noticed the exchange and chimed in, his voice warm and encouraging.

Vikram: "Nandini beta, have lunch with us. Don't be shy."

Nandini's smile widened at Vikram's words, feeling the warmth of his fatherly affection.

Nandini: "Okay Papa, okay Manik. I'm having, don't worry."

Her voice held a note of appreciation as she reached for a plate, her heart touched by their kindness and concern.

Meanwhile, Rohan remained blissfully unaware of the exchange, fully engrossed in enjoying his meal.

Vikram thanked Nandini for the food, making her feel proud.

Vikram's eyes sparkled with delight as he addressed Nandini, his voice filled with genuine appreciation.

Vikram: Thank you for the food, beta. It was delicious. I'm all energized now.

Nandini's heart swelled with pride, and a shy smile played on her lips as she basked in Vikram's praise.

Nandini smiled back, feeling happy.

Nandini: I'm glad you liked it, Papa.

Rohan couldn't resist joining in the conversation, his mouth full of food as he spoke.

Rohan: Yes, Nandini. I haven't had such amazing food in the office for ages. I barely get a moment to eat in between Manik's busy schedule. He's always on the go, and he doesn't even let me have a proper lunch break.

Manik raised an eyebrow, his tone dripping with sarcasm as he responded to Rohan.

Manik: Oh, of course, Rohan. Because I spend all my time stopping you from eating, right?

Rohan grinned mischievously, undeterred by Manik's sarcasm as he continued his playful banter.

Rohan: Oh, you forget, I'm your assistant too. It's in the job description, isn't it? To be starved during working hours.

Manik rolled his eyes, unable to suppress a smirk at Rohan's antics.

Manik: Haha, very funny.

Their banter continued, the sarcastic remarks adding a humorous touch to the lunchtime atmosphere. Nandini couldn't help but chuckle at the exchange between Manik and Rohan, enjoying the playful dynamic between them.

Vikram noticed Nandini sitting silently, lost in her thoughts, and decided to strike up a conversation with her.

Vikram: "Nandini beta, how are you feeling in the Malhotra house? Is everything to your liking? Is there something that you want?"

Nandini looked up, her eyes reflecting genuine contentment as she responded with a smile.

Nandini: "No papa, everything is great and I'm really happy. I'm the happiest I've been in my entire life."

Vikram's heart warmed at her words, pleased to see her adjusting well to her new surroundings.

Vikram: "That's good to hear, beta. I'm happy that you are comfortable."

Nandini smiled warmly at Vikram, her mind swirling with thoughts about her work and her longing to return to it. She contemplated whether she should voice her desire or keep it to herself. As she mulled over her options, Vikram noticed the pensive expression on her face and sensed that something was weighing on her mind.

With a gentle and understanding tone, Vikram reached out to her, his eyes filled with paternal concern.

Vikram: "What are you thinking that intently, Nandini? You can ask me anything, you know that beta?"

Nandini hesitated for a moment before deciding to confide in Vikram.

Nandini: "Yes papa, that... I actually wanted to join back to my work. I am getting bored at home, having to do nothing as nobody allows me to do anything at all."

Vikram nodded understandingly, offering her reassurance and guidance.

Vikram: "Areyy beta, Ma already told you, na? You don't have to ask for anything. You can do anything. Just inform us, okay? Remember it for the future."

Touched by Vikram's understanding and support, Nandini felt a rush of gratitude and emotion.

Nandini: (teary-eyed) "Thank you, papa."

Rohan, trying to be funny, joked about Nandini crying.

Rohan's eyes danced with mischief as he addressed Manik, his voice laced with playful exaggeration.

Rohan: Manik, look! Vikram uncle is making Nandini cry!

Manik gets all concerned about Nandini, and then realizes what Rohan was doing. Suddenly, for some weird reason, he plays along, pretending to scold Vikram and joins him, which he never does.

Manik: "Papa, what's going on? Why are you making your daughter-in-law cry? Not good, Papa. Not good at all. Didn't expect this from you."

Both Vikram and Rohan were taken aback by Manik's sudden involvement, surprised to see him joining in the playful banter.

Nandini, initially startled by Rohan's comment, hastened to assure everyone that Vikram hadn't caused her distress.

Nandini: "No, no! Papa didn't do anything. It's just a misunderstanding."

They all suddenly burst out laughing, and even Nandini joins in, realizing they were just fooling around.

They soon depart for their work, and Nandini goes with Manik. He wanted to show her around but ends up getting more work on his table. Eventually, he asks Rohan to give Nandini the tour instead. 

.

THANK YOU FOR READING AND WAITING PATIENTLY 🥹🥰