T HANGOUT!!

i patiently waited on the steps to my house. dante arranged for us to hang out at the mall. by travis' text, it was distinctly obvious that it had been dante. even so, travis planned to pick me up. which would be around now.

i hopped down the stairs and made my way to the passenger window. "hi, mr. valkrum!"

"f/n, great to- oh, my mother of irene! since when were you a werewolf?" he looked at me in awe. i chuckled as i opened the back door to sit with travis. "it's only temporary but made by witchcraft." i said once i sat in the back and put on my seatbelt. "that's a relief, i can't imagine how your mother felt when she first saw you! anyhow, you kids heading for the mall?" travis's dad stepped on the pedal.

i hummed in response as i looked over at travis who seemed to be admiring my outfit, i think.

____________

____________

"hey, travis." travis snapped back into reality and began stuttering. "f-f/n! you're-you're outfit.. um, ehehe. you look nice.." he checked his window to see the view of the other houses. "thank you, travis."

a tiny grin appeared on his face when he looked at me again. "i bought these jelly beans, dante gets too scared to get a bad bean. did you wanna play with me? a-ahem.. eat, i mean." travis pulls out a pack of colorful bean-boozled jellybeans from his hoodie pocket.

"oh-oh-oh! let me start first! please!" i practically begged until he let me have the first bean. i poked my finger into the bag and picked a bean. once i caught it, i examined it closely. the bean was a mixture of white and a soft yellow. "travis, hand me the box."

travis' gulped when he caught a glimpse of the jelly bean i held in between my fingers. he handed me the box. i went through the flavors. this bean could either be buttered popcorn or a rotten egg. "oh hell no, oh hell no!" i made an unpleasant face.

"you have to eat it, sorry, f/n.." he apologized.

i took a deep breath before i threw it into my mouth. the flavor broke down in every inch from the bottom of my tongue to the top of my mouth. i prevented my gagging from influencing travis from joining.

i stick my tongue out with the chewed white jelly bean at the tip of it. i could have been on the verge of tears. i shared my explicit discomfort with the candy which gave travis a subtle impression of what flavor i unforgettably and unfortunately was given.

he couldn't help but laugh as he handed me a napkin from his pocket. i pick out the bean from my tongue with the napkin, wiping my mouth and the inside to suck the flavor out.

travis started laughing a little too hard. it abruptly ended when i shoved a jelly bean into his mouth. his face turned sour, splitting it out and rubbing his tongue against his hoodie.

"settle down back there, we're here!" travis' dad spoke up from the front. he parked in front of a jcpenny. travis opened the car and leaned over, spitting on the floor. "ick!"