61: Facing a war

War.

This called for a war.

The king had refused to help Duryodhana find the Pandavas because it was Kichack who had an alliance with Duryodhana,not the king. This angered Duryodhana and he decided to wage war in the Virat kingdom in all four directions.

"This all seems like a big mistake now" Arshia groaned,leaning against the wall and watching the army getting prepared. When she didn't hear Draupadi reply,she peaked to see the fire born looking at the five stones with tears streaming down her eyes.

"If we get caught,we have to spend another 13 years in the jungle and hide the last year. I am not ready for that,I crave to see my children again" Draupadi sobbed, bowing her head.

Children. That reminded her of Vrishaketu. He must have turned into a young and strong man.

"We are not getting caught Bhabhi. There is no way. We have come a long way and I am sure God will prohibit the wrong from happening" Arshia assured. Draupadi nodded and wiped her tears away, looking at the army.

Arshia sighed and rested her head against the wall, closing her eyes.

"Then don't! I earn enough money to keep my sister on the ventilator!" Rudra yelled at his father. Mr-Khanna gritted his teeth and shook his head. "This isn't because of money Rudra!It has been years and there is no reason to keep her alive. She won't be waking up!If she had to,she already would have been awake." He argued back.

"That doesn't matter father." Amiya's voice interrupted. The boys turned their gazes at her. "Merely seeing her heart rate calms the both of us down. Hell to your words and thoughts. My sister is staying on the ventilator until her heart grows quite. As for now,her heart beat is as good as a normal person. Don't turn so cold that you have commit a murder,Father." Amiya said coldly, walking to the side of the bed and keeping her books down. She dropped water from the tube that was feeding Arshia over the years and patted her head.

"You two have gone crazy" Mr-Khanna stared at his children in horror. His children turned their eyes at their father,the light and color disappearing. Their eyes had darkened and only hatred could be seen in their eyes.

"Crazy" Mr-Khanna whispered and walked out of the room.
.
.

"Excuse me,is there a way to get patient number 45 out of the room and cut off the ventilator. I don't see why she has to be kept alive with the help of machines. She isn't waking up, it's a waste of money" Mr-Khanna's eyes reflected hate and his body language reflected despair.

.
.

Arshia coughed her eyes open to see Draupadi peaking over the railings to have a better view of the war. She felt her throat go dry as she hurriedly looked over for water. She poured herself a glass and closed her eyes in relief when she felt the liquid removing her unbearable thirst.

"Arshia" Arjun called out. She turned to stand up straight and give him question eyes. "Get ready,we are going to the battlefield," Arjun announced. "Why does she have to go?" Draupadi shook her head and shielded her. "She doesn't have a good enough disguise"

"She won't come into view. I am going alongside the prince and she stays behind with her horse. We need her. My brothers are handing the front but no one is there to handle the back. The Kauravas must be expecting us at the back." Arjun explained.

"I will be fine" Arshia muttered, walking to Arjun. "Let's go" 

.

Climbing on the horse,she took a deep breath and rubbed her palms together trying to ease herself down. The nervousness creeped up to her veins as she held the strap of the horse.

"Seriously?Another woman?That too a musician." Uttar heavily mocked, climbing his chariot. Arshia moved her eyes to Arjun,who sat as a transgender woman, gesturing her not to kill the prince on the spot. Providing him a curt nod,Arshia briefly glanced at Uttar before being ready to go.

"She doesn't even have weapons" Uttar complained. "Why?Do you need me to protect you that hard?" Arshia said, failing to hold back her sharp tongue. "Srimana,I think we should proceed" Arjun stopped, making sure Arshia doesn't blow their cover.

Arshia rolled her eyes but nodded nonetheless. Following Arjun's lead,she slowly rode her horse making sure she didn't come into view.

"A kid?! And a woman chariotter?!What a sick joke!" Duryodhana commented as soon as Arjun and Uttar came into view. Uttar widened his eyes as fear filled his system seeing such a huge crowd and that too led by the one and only,the god gifted and blessed, Bhishma.

"Mahamahim!Order us to attack and kill the lady and the oh so mighty prince" Shakuni mocked, running his fingers through his beard. Arshia closed her eyes trying to stay calm. The mere sight of them wants her to kill each and every one of them. The urge to see their blood wasn't helping the fact that she is supposed to stay undercover.

"Prince Uttar!Raise your bow and attack! Nothing shall happen to you when I am here!" Arjun's high pitched female tone tried to assure. Uttar's shaky hands made their way to his bow and held it up to target nobody. "Release the arrow Prince Uttara!"

Uttar cast his gaze over the army and started to shake his head violently. "Brihnannala!Take me back!" Uttara shook in fear. As Arshia was about to command the weapons in her hand,Arjun shook his head,still looking at the front.

Arhsia sighed,annoyed and closed her palm shut. She stared down to see Arjun moving his fingers in rounds, indicating her to turn around and go away. She turned the same time as Arjun turned,so that Arjun's horses would make a greater noise and her cover would still remain.

As they exited the area,the taunting laughs of the Kauravas rang in their minds.

.

Arjun entered the secret forest where each one of the Pandavas had his their weapons. Uttar watched confused as Arshia sat on top of her horse,and relaxed. The surroundings had started to lose the colour of the sun, indicating dusk. Just a bit more time and their punishment would finally be over.

"Who are you?" Uttar mumbled, looking at Arjun with the Gandiv in his hands and at Arshia,who sat like a God on top of the horse. "Rajkumar Arjun,Angrani Arshia"

Arshia smiled,the title feeling sweet to her ears.

"Yes,you are right Prince" Arshia passed him a sweet smile and climbed down her horse. "Bhrata, what's the plan?" Arshia asked, resting one of her hands on the horse and completely ignoring Uttar's shook.

"We teach Yuvraj Duryodhana the laws of the battlefield. Today we announce ourselves to the world and make them repay for the mistake they committed 13 years ago" Arjun angrily said, wrapping his firm finger around the string and plainly taking it and then realising it, creating a huge and loud vibration.

Uttar stared at both of them with admiration clear in his eyes.

"Oh!Forgive me for insulting both of you" His voice grabbed their attention. Arshia's eyes warmed at the sight of him kneeling down with tears in his eyes. She walked to him and made him stand up.

"You are fine" She softly said as Uttar nodded.

"Bhrata, let's go"

"So,the plan is I enter first. The sun is setting and by the time it sets, we will reach the battlefield. That way we won't get caught and can battle. Rajkumar Uttar stays here. I will take the horse while you come with him. Make sure to protect him" Arjun said as she nodded.

"Rajkumar Arjun,can I be your chariotter?I can protect myself. It would be an honour to watch you release the arrow up close" Uttar said walking forward with admiration filled in his gaze.

"Bhrata take him. I will be right behind. If they try to harm the prince,I can protect him,if you are busy battling that is" Arjun nodded at her words and climbed the chariot with Uttar as his chariotter. "See you there" Arjun said, keeping the parting short and crisp.

Arshia nodded and patted her horse as she heard them rush away.

.
.
.
.