34: Vrishaketu visits Hastinapur

"Matashree!"

Arshia smiled and turned around to see her 2 year old son. His eyes shined as bright as the rays of the sun,his small angavastra flowing in the air,a huge smile spread across his face and his little legs using all the energy to come to his mother and hug her.

Arshia kneels and spreads her arms, allowing him to jump into her arms. Vrishaketu hugged her neck as she stood up and twirled him around. She was in her armour so it wasn't really a problem.

"Mata!You are sweating" Vrishaketu faced her and scrunched his face. Arshia chuckled and said "I was practicing the sword,dear. That's why. I will freshen up and we will spend time together" Vrishaketu shook his head at the idea.

"No mata. I haven't spend time with you from this morning. Pitashree took me for Surya Deva Puja and then directly to the court! Let's spend time now!Right.Now!" He said laying emphasis on his last two words. Arshia tried to put him down but he didn't leave his neck.

"Son Vrishaketu,leave your mother. She will freshen up and you will spend all your time with him" Vrishaketu left her and pouted at his father but obeyed non-the less. Arshia stood up and smiled at him.

"He grew up a bit too fast didn't he?" Karna said, staring at Vrishaketu's dissapearing figure. Arshia turned around and just smiled.

Two years had passed in a blink of an eye. Karna visited Hastinapur only once during this time and he didn't anymore,to focus on his own family. Duryodhana, ofcourse, opposed at first and wanted Karna by his side but Bhanumati made him agree. Arshia didn't leave Anga during this time and focused on her son. Vrishaketu was like the moon in Arshia's dark night. He made her so happy that she didn't want to let him out of her sight.

Vrishaketu was more of his father than his mother. He couldn't live without archery. He started when he was just a year old and Karna couldn't have been more proud. (Same goes with Arshia)

"Are you done with all the work for today?" Arshia turned to him and asked. "Yes,I am." Karna paused and continued "We should go to Hastinapur Arshia. Mitr Duryodhana and Mahamahim wanted to see us and mainly Vrishaketu"

"We should let Vrishaketu travel?" Arshia asked, worried. "He will not be traveling alone Arshe. He will be traveling with us, obviously!"

Arshia sighed and nodded, remembering that she had promised Bhishma that she would bring her child to Hastinapur.

"Shall I get everything ready?" Arshia nodded and took her leave.

.

Arshia combed her waist-long hair, absent-mindedly. She was snapped out of her thoughts when she felt hands on her lap. She stopped combing and looked down to see Vrishaketu looking at her with his big and shiny eyes. Putting the comb on the table,she picked him up and placed him on her lap.

"Yes dear?"

"We are going to Hastinapur!" He exclaimed excitedly. Arshia nodded, trying to match his excitement. "I heard that Yuvraj Duryodhan of Hastinapur is pitashree's friend!Does he have kids?" Vrishaketu asked curiously.

"Yes,he does. Twins to be exact. Rajkumar Laksman and Rajkumari Lakshmana. Both are very sweet,so remember to be nice to them. Not just to them,to everyone okay?" Vrishaketu obediently nodded.

"Arshia,we should be heading out" Karna said entering the room. "Let me tie my hair and I shall follow you. Vrishaketu go with you father,I will be coming right away" Vrishaketu climbed down his mother's lap and grabbed Karna's huge hands with his very little ones and headed out.

She tied her hair into a thick bun and stood up. Ordering the servent to take her case with her clothes,she walked out.

.

Sitting in the palanquin,Arshia sighed and shifted her position. She brought her knees closer to her chest and rested her chin on her knees and looking at her left. The cloth was slightly flowing due to the cold winds.

She noticed that they were near Hastinapur and once again sighed,bearing her face in her covered legs. She jerked up and rubbed her face, feeling the heavy embroidery hurt her face.

"We are here, Angrani" she heard a maid inform. She felt the palanquin resting on the ground as she walked out. The palace was well decorated for some reason and the servents stood at the sides to welcome them. She picked Vrishaketu, despite his strong protest,and walked to the palace. She saw the entire family (except the Pandavas,their mother and wife ) and Gandhari with a huge arti plate.

With each step they took,they were drenched in flowers. They had their hands joint as they smiled at each servernt.

Reaching the top of the stairs,everyone had a huge smile on their faces. Bhishma came forward and looked at Vrishaketu,who was free from Arshia's grip. He bent down and sought Bhishma's blessings. Tears filled Bhishma's eyes as he blessed him whole heartly. Vrishaketu stood up and showcased his handsome smile.

"He is Mahamahim Bhishma,dear" Arshia said, bending down to seek his blessings. Bhishma blessed both Arshia and Karna and kept looking at Vrishaketu.

The whole family welcomed them and Vrishaketu was pampered,a lot. He mingled with Bhishma really well and Arshia was now viewing Vrishaketu playing with Bhishma's relatively long white beard. Bhishma held Vrishaketu closer and allowed him to do whatever he desires to. The love and compassion,for Vrishaketu,shined bright.

Bhanumati came forward and hugged Arshia.

"Pranam Bhabhi" Arshia greeted once they broke away from the hug. Bhanumati returned the same and pulled Arshia away, leaving Duryodhana and Karna together.

"He is like your clone" Duryodhana commented looking at Vrishaketu. Karna nodded admiringly.

"Well listen mitr Karna. The Pandavas have won over the illusion king and he is helping them build a castle. Vasudev is also helping them. Don't you think this can be a threat?" Duryodhana said with slight worry. Karna placed his hand on Duryodhana's shoulder, assuring "Mitr,you simply have to order me and I shall defeat the Pandavas. Just say the words" Duryodhana smiled brightly at him and hugged him.

.

"It's Vrishaketu's bedtime bhabhi. I have to go and get him" Arshia said. "But Pitamah is having so much fun with him and look now he is teaching Vrishaketu archery! Let it pass today" Bhanumati replied back.

"Health is important bhabhi. He also has to wake up early for Surya Deva Puja,so it's better if I get him." Arshia didn't wait for her to reply as she walked to Bhishma and Vrishaketu,who were practicing archery.

"Putra,you should sleep. It's a bit pass your bedtime too." Arshia said grabbing their attention. Vrishaketu pouted but knew he shouldn't disobey his mother. He turned to Bhishma and said "I enjoyed my day with you, Mahamahim!I hope we spend tomorrow like this!Subh Ratri" He kept the bow aside and touched his feet.

Arshia joined her hands and wished a good night to Bhishma. She gently grabbed Vrishaketu's hands and they walked to their chamber.

Bhishma smiled, looking at Arshia and Vrishaketu walk away.

"Anga will surely flourish under Vrishaketu...not like it isn't already,under Angraj Karna but...still"

He laughed at his own thoughts.

.
.
.

Thank you!
Enjoy reading!
Vote.

(I was off Wattpad for a bit due to my exams and I saw 23.7K reads on this book!!! Thank you so very much!)