52: The dangerous dice game

Although half of the work was already done,Arshia still thought of ways to lure Draupadi away from Hastinapur.

"Hail the queen of Anga. The empress has requested you in her chambers" A dasi informed. Arshia nodded at her and made her way to Draupadi.

.

"Yes bhabhishree?You requested me?" Arshia asked. Draupadi turned around with a tensed face. Arshia looked around and saw Gandhari and Kunti also present in the room. "My greetings to the Rajmata of Hastina and Rajmata of Indraprastha" Arshia joined her palms and bowed her head at the two.

"Yuvraj Duryodhana has won the first round and Arya Yudhishthir has lost all his jewellery, army and kingdom" Draupadi said. Arshia froze at her place,not knowing what to say. "So it has started"

"That's it" Arshia said, looking at Draupadi. "Come with me to Anga. I promise jiji I will not let anyone see you!Your ride shall be carried by women and I shall stay in front!Just come with me!"

"Running away is not an option,Arshia!" Draupadi said. "What are we running away from? Nothing! The situation hasn't arrived yet!We are just going to my kingdom, that's all!" Arhsia reasoned.

"I am sure Putra Duryodhana wouldn't do anything to harm the empress" Gandhari said with assurance. "You believe you putra,Rani but I don't believe the Yuvraj of Hastinapur"

"Fine,I am leaving this place. You can stay if you want jiji but remember,I warned you several times and you weren't ready to leave" Arshia mumbled.

"Don't walk out Arshia. Stay with us. Leave after some time. Just not now" Kunti mumbled grabbing Arshia's hand. Arshia sighed in annoyance but nodded at Kunti,which made her leave her grip. Arshia went to the corner of the chamber and rested on the wall,her head burning due to stress.

"Hail the empress"

"What happened Dasi?" Draupadi made her way to the dasi in hurry. "Yuvraj has put his youngest brother Rajkumar Vikarna on stake and Rajkumar Nakul has volunteered to be put on stake" Draupadi's eyes filled with worry.

"What kind of game is this?Are relationships and people meant to be put on stake? When serpents perform their Yajna,they sacrifice people!Does Hastinapur follow the same tradition,maharani?" Draupadi asked Gandhari in anger.

"If Krishna was here, he would have definitely stopped the dice game" Kunti said with remorse. Draupadi grabbed a hibiscus and handed it over to the dasi.

"Tell the emperor that the five petals of a hibiscus are connected to one stem,not to each other. He doesn't have the right to put my husband or Arshia's brother at stake" Arshia's ears perked up.

Arshia could feel her wanting to puke again. She turned and held her breath,not wanting to puke again. Tears escaped her eyes.

"Mahadev,save us"

.

"Hail the empress! Emperor Yudhishthir has lost his brother Nakul"

Draupadi stared at the dasi,not believing what she had uttered ta the moment.

"I am not going to stay quiet!" Arhsia spoke up, walking to the doors of the chamber. "Where are you going putri?" Kunti asked. "To stop the adharm that is going on in the court! People look up to me and consider me the face of dharma!I shall work as my title!"

"Let her go. If I could have went,I would already have" Draupadi mumbled, looking away.

.

The angry sounds of anklets caught everyone's attention as they turned their gazes at the entrance of the court. They saw an extremely angry Arshia who's yellow attire seems to have darkened and her face seemed to have turned red in anger. The guards blocked her from entering the sabha.