49: Forgiveness

"I have to go" Arshia mumbled. Yudhishthir turned his attention at Arshia and asked her for the reason.

"I just have to. Give me the permission to leave your court,Samrat Yudhishthir" Arshia joined her palms and bowed her head. Getting permission she turned and started walking away.

"Arshia" Krishna called out as Arshia turned and looked at him. Walking to her,he said in a tone that was only audible to Arshia.

"You know what happens after this and I want you to stay alert. Events occur and some of them leave our mind broken and we end up losing patience. But keeping the mind and heart under control is the right thing to do in such situations"

Arshia stared up at him,not having a clear idea of what he meant.

"When you are in a deep sense of trouble,protect and safeguard the most important thing you have. You will find joy in darkness,I can assure you that" Krishna softly said.

Arshia nodded at him, registering his words in her head but not trying to give a deep thought to his riddles.

"Don't lose yourself,Arshia or else your sakha,your Govind will lose himself too"

"P-please tell Mahamahim Bhishma to take Vrishaketu to Hastinapur"

Krishna nodded at her and let her go. Arshia joined her palms and walked out of the court.

.

Entering the Hastinapur gates,she could already feel the negative and tense situation. She climbed down her horse and informed a soldier to take care of him.

The jingling of her anklets marked her entry as Gandhari turned her tear-stained face to sense who just entered.

"Arshia" She whispered. Arshia walked to her and placed her hand on her (Gandhari's) shoulder. "Is everything okay,Maharani?"

Gandhari scoffed and backed away.

"How could everything be okay Arshia?!" Gandhari suddenly screamed at her. Arshia widened her eyes but let her continue.

"It's because of you my Duryodhana set his room on fire and tried to kill himself!Thanks to Putra Karna or he would have died!" Gandhari cried and fell on her knees. "Why was he insulted in such a way?" Gandhari whispered.

Arshia walked to Gandhari and came to her level,resting a hand on her shoulder.

"You haven't heard the whole story have you?" Gandhari looked up, sniffing. "Chedi Naresh Shishupal accused me and Bhabhishree Draupadi of having a relationship with Vasudev Krishna and your oldest son said that he was correct. He also said that if not because of me,Arya Karna could have participated in Rajkumari Krishnaa's swamyvam and possibly won her. Isn't that insulting,for me?But I didn't try suicide,did I?"

Gandhari stopped crying and went into deep thought.

"You have to know both stories to understand the situation,Maharani. I get that you love your son a lot,every son does but blind love is harmful love" Gandhari sniffed and stood up, nodding at the girl.

Heavy footsteps were heard as the two women turned around. Arshia saw Duryodhana, Dussahan,Karna and Dhritarashtra make their way to the two women.

"Gandhari,are you okay?" A hurried Dhritarashtra made his way to Gandhari and placed his hand on her shoulder. Gandhari nodded and bowed her head.

"Arshia"

Karna called out, grabbing all the attention. He walked to her and took her hands in his, staring at Arshia with guilt.

Suddenly,he went on both of his knees and fixed his gaze at Arshia's feet,his hands still in her's. Arshia widened her eyes at such a sudden act and tried to pick him up but Karna resisted hard. Tears landed on Arshia's feet, concerning Arshia.