21:Krishnaa's Swamyvam

Arshia POV(we have had a lot of these lately)

Over the days I, personally,had a lot of fun with Yuvraj Duryodhana. He didn't seem at all like my mother described. I thought my mother really disliked Yuvraj in general judging that I haven't heard that many tales on about him and all I have heard about him is negative,like extremely negative.

After that kitchen incident,me and him weren't really alone. Yuvaraj Duryodhana always accompanied us,not like I minded and as mentioned before,we are just extremely tired by night to talk.

But I knew, Krishnaa's swamyvam was coming closer. I didn't know the exact date but I knew it was coming closer and I somehow had to stop Angraj and Yuvraj from attending. The problem is nothing strikes my mind and I am messing with destiny,once again. I know I will have to pay a huge and heavy price in the near future but I would do anything to fix the present...

"You are distracted,dear. You will never hit the target."

I lowered my bow and looked behind me to see him.

I don't know why but whenever I lay eyes on the man,who was my husband,a red colour fills my face. It's getting annoying nowadays.

He was leaning against the pillar, staring at me with a unknown feeling in his eyes. He walked to me and stood behind me,his arms slowly making their way up to my own hands. The areas that his fingers touched craved the warmth again. He made me turn to the target and interwined his own fingers into mine. (How am I suppose to learn if he intimidates me this much?)

He leaned to my ear level and whispered

"You pull and then release"

He made my fingers pull the string and then release it. The arrow pierced straight through the target.

"See"

I slowly nodded. His arms left mine and made there was around my shoulder pulling me closer. I felt the bow almost escaping my fingers. I left the string and rested my arms on my sides,my left hand gripping the bow.

"Could you turn around?I would love to see your beautiful face."

He released me and waited for me to turn around. I sighed and turned around, coming face to face with him. His intense gaze brought the blush right back on my face. I placed my right hand,which was not holding the bow,on my cheek... instantly feeling the heat rushing through.

He softly grabbed by hand and interwined his fingers into mine once again. He came closer to me and brushed his cheek against mine and rested his chin on my shoulder. He pulled me closer and hugged me tight.

"I am so glad that I could win you in your swamyvar and get you as my life partner"

The compliments flooded in my ears as I nodded against his neck. Then suddenly the word 'swamyvar' hit me.

Krishnaa's swamyvam.

"Angraj"

"Hmm"

"Could we go out somewhere?Away from Anga,Hastina and Panchal?"

I felt him pulling away and staring at me, confused.

"Panchal?"

I had a slip of tongue, didn't I?

"I-it doesn't hold any significance,I was just telling you. I want to go places I haven't visited yet. It's just that I wanted to spend some time
wit—"

I stopped myself from babbling. I looked away from embarrassment,sure that he knew what I was going to say.

From the corner of my eyes,I could see him smirking.

"I wanted to spend some time with?"

"With no one"

I stepped back and shaked my head.

"Okay,I won't.Where do you want to go?"

"You can't go anywhere,Mitr Karna!"

.

No one POV

Arshia and Karna turned to Duryodhana and stared at him, confused.

"Why is that, Duryodhana?"

Karna asked.

"A letter came in! Rajkumari Krishnaa's swamyvam is going to be held and they invited us. You have to accompany me"

The flutters in Arshia's heart vanished and an unknown fire ignited lit inside of her. Her hands formed fists and sweat dropped down her face.

"Swamyvar?"

Karna turned his attention to Arshia and shaked his head, assuring that he won't participate in that swamyvar.

"What is it?Why do you two have such expressions on your faces?"

Duryodhana asked staring at the two.

"Mitr,the thing is...I have taken an oath that I will not remarry and Arshia shall remain the only queen of Anga and will be the only women to be ever introduced as my wife"

Duryodhana nodded casually,not the reaction Arshia was expecting from him.

"That's awesome. Who is telling you to participate?You just have to accompany me"

Karna nodded at the man.

"When are we going?" Karna questioned.

"Today"

.

"Oh,come on Arshia!I am not going forever. I will be back and I promise,I won't be participating"

Karna said, looking at a long-faced Arshia. She walked to him and looked him in the eyes, saying

"Promise me, Angraj"

She extended her palm . He looked at it and questioned her through his eyes

"If Rajkumar Duryodhana ask(s) you to play on his behalf or urges you to participate,you shall not. I don't care how indebted you are to him,you will not walk from your seat to the center to try and win her. Promise me"

Her stern voice took him back in surprise. He slowly nodded and gently placed his palm on top of hers.

A small smile formed on her face as she drew back her hand.

"Have a safe journey"

.

Arshia POV

The fear in me just increased day by day.

From the day he went to Panchal to till now.

His insult rung through my ears.

My mother's words ran in my mind.

"When Suryaputra Karna lifted the bow and was about to set the arrow,Panchali and her twin Dhristadyum denied him... insulting him by calling him a sut...and that resulted in him making such a comment during the Dyut Sabha, during Krishnaa's vastra haran"

I closed my eyes and shaked my thoughts away.

Sitting on my knees infront of thr supreme lord,I joined my hands.

"Angrani,the Prasad" the priest of the temple offered.

I nodded and bent down, seeking the blessings of Mahadev. I stood up and took the Prasad, it's sweet taste blessings my taste buds. I bent down to take the blessings of the priest,who happily granted me the blessings.

I went around giving money to the Brahmans.

Until I saw someone..

.
.

Can you believe it?
I am writing this chapter for 3-4 days!

Thank you!
Vote.
Enjoy Reading!