17:The wedding

It was as if everything was back to square one. During dinner,last night,the compliments and teasing were so much that the two had lost the confidence to openly....flirt?If that was it.

.

Arshia POV

I stared into the mirror,my dark complexion complimenting my red wedding fit. All of this seems too fast but I had no say in it...and I have a feeling I will never have a say in anything in my married life. For hell's sake,my husband soon might have another wife!

All of these thoughts haunted my mind and it did effect me,it did effect the way I looked,the way I walked and the way I talked. Subhadra jiji had already complained that I was looking absent-minded and dull while she was making me ready for my wedding.

I don't know what is going to change but I know something big is going to happen because this morning while I was taking to Mahadev,he seemed off...I don't know how to describe it but he just did and he was the person most excited for my marriage. It might be because I am going away from him but that seems utterly stupid. He has so many sakhis(in the form of his wifes also) and I am just the mere daughter of his devotee,my mother.

While sitting infront of the mirror and getting my hair done by the maids, thoughts about Rudra bhai and Amiya arised in my head. It had been days,days since I last saw those visions...It might be horrifying but it was the only way she could see her siblings. The excited words of Amiya repeated in her mind....the words she uttered when my marriage was the topic. She would always say

"Obviously,I would be the main attraction after the groom and bride!I the bride's sister!Ari di,get married soon na!"

And my mother would encourage her thoughts of me getting married soon. While Rudra bhai would taunt saying I had no love life and it would be impossible for me get married because no one would want to marry me.

"Oh,come one Amiya. Her, getting married?Who would want to marry her and she has no love life... cherry on top-"

"Rajkumari, it's done. You should proceed to the alter,the auspicious time will pass away"

I simply nodded and let Subhadra jiji guide me.

.

It was like yesterday that I saw Durshala jiji enter the way I was doing right now. The sound of my jewelleries marked my entry. Durshala jiji,who has arrived just an hour ago,came rushing to stand beside me. 'aww' filled her eyes...Now I had Subhadra jiji on my left and Durshala jiji on my right. Good thing they are here to support me,I would have called flat on face if they weren't here. Everything was too heavy....and the heaviness in my heart just added on to it.

I know. Me marrying Angraj Karna is going to bear devastating fruits. I am messing with destiny and fate big time but that is the soul reason I have entered this yug...to rewrite the strings of fate. In a matter of months, Draupadi would be born and all the injustice would start. Her mistreatment,her marrying the 5 Pandavas and what not...

There was something else...Vrushali...Karna's actual love and wife. (It killed me to say it but that's what my mother told me)

"Karna and Vrushali...the books don't justify what those two had in between them. Vrushali supported Karna through fire and water and honestly Karna couldn't have a better life patner...never"

Those words were adding on to the fire of my heart,the guilt slowly filling me up. What would happen to Vrushali now?

I didn't realise when I was sat down beside Angraj. I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't realise I was right beside him.