~ 8 ~

__
_
__

Mark walks into the kitchen, seeing Haechan already inside looking around for the bowls.

Mark lets out a sigh as he feels his heart starting beating a bit faster than usual.

What was he supposed to do?

Should he talk to him?

Should he explain the situation to him?

Should he confess he still has feelings?

All of these questions made Mark zone out for quite a while, he didn't even realize how long he's been staring at Haechan until the younger boy spoke up.

"I thought you were going to help" he said quietly.

"But take a picture, it'll last longer" he added on as he avoided eye contact when returning to the table in where all the snacks were.

"I, I um" Mark replied, he was turning into a stuttering mess.

Never in million years would he have thought that Haechan would be making him stutter so much.

And feel so helpless.

"Sorry" he said embarrassed.

"Here, put those gummies in this bowl" Haechan replied coldly, he slides the bowl across the table towards Mark.

Mark nods as he holds the bowl and opens the gummy bag.

Mark's gut kept telling him to try to start a conversation with the once fullsun boy, but his brain was telling him to shut the fuck up and wait.

The two boys just continued to put the snacks such as chips, chocolate and candy in different bowls.

There was a silence that was among them, but it definitely wasn't a comfortable one.

It stayed like this for about 10 minutes. Just silence.

God, why is it so awkward.

Haechan looks at Mark in confusion as he gives him a weird look.

Mark is quick to realize what he did.

"Oh, did I say that out loud?" Mark asked as he looked at the table in embarrassment.

Haechan nodded as he hummed in response.

This boy was really dedicated to the avoiding   role.

"Well no fucking shit" the younger replied quietly.

"Of course it's gonna be awkward, what do you want us to do? Hold hands and sing twinkle twinkle little star?" Haechan added in a sarcastic voice.

Mark looks at Haechan in shock, this was definitely not a good way to start this whole night.

"Jeez I'm, I'm sorry I was just hoping to maybe I don't know..." Mark replied.

"...Talk to you" he added on quietly, he looked up at Haechan and this time, Haechan made eye contact.

Haechan's gaze soften immediately when he heard Mark's words.

He felt his stomach flip with somewhat happiness but he was quickly to let it go.

Haechan shook his head as he let out a sigh.