"It's Lorelai, but she goes by Rory." Logan answered, reaching into the purse to find Rory's phone. "We went to college together."

"Ok, Rory, I'm going to get this IV started for you." she said as she quickly wiped down the inside of Rory's left arm with some disinfectant.

"Hi, Lorelai?" Logan said into the phone. "Hi, this is Doctor Huntzberger at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital. I have Rory with me in the ER. She has a work injury, significant blood loss, and a laceration to the right hand. I'm ordering a blood transfusion, x-rays and an MRI. Can you come? She shouldn't be alone . . . Yes . . . Thank you. We'll see you soon." he said hanging up. "Rory, your mom is on her way. I guess they called her from your office."

"Thank you." Rory said softly as Logan dropped her phone back into her purse, then moved to the computer to enter his orders in.

"Thank you guys for transporting her. You can head out." Logan said looking over to the paramedics, then looking back over to Rory. "Rory, can you tell me what happened?"

"It's stupid." she answered, wincing in pain. "I was setting my coffee cup down, and somehow I knocked over the tool caddy with all of my pens and stuff in it. I stuck out my arm to grab things as they were falling, and I didn't realize what was happening until it was too late. My scissors went right through my hand."

"Ouch! I'm ordering you a tetanus shot along with pain meds. When is the last time you ate or drank anything?"

"What time is it? Last time I checked it was around noon. I haven't eaten since breakfast this morning."

"But you've been drinking coffee all day. It's about 1:30 now. You weren't drinking the same coffee as when I saw you this morning, were you?"

"No, I've had a couple more cups since then. And some donuts and a pop tart for breakfast before that."

"I see your diet hasn't changed at all in the last 8 years." Logan chuckled. "Unfortunately for you, you won't be able to eat or drink anything until after your test results come back, just in case I have to send you into surgery."

"Ok." Rory murmured.

"I'm going to put a rush on your pain meds. Veronica, can you stay with her until I get back? I'm worried about her passing out."

"Sure, no problem." the nurse answered as she finished inserting Rory's IV and drawing a couple vials of blood.

"Rory, I will be right back. Veronica is going to stay with you ok?"

"Ok." Rory answered weakly.

"Rory, everything is going to be ok. Doctor Huntzberger is one of our best doctors. He's going to take very good care of you." Veronica said as she watched Logan leave the room. "You went to college together?"

Rory slowly nodded.

"What school did you go to?"