Chapter 89

May 3, 2017

5:00pm

Huntzberger Residence

"So, are we telling Logan and Rory about the drama?" Honor asked after leading Lorelai down to the basement.

"I don't know . . . I mean, I think that they need to know what is going on, but I'm not sure if today is the best time to tell them."

"I want to throw my mother out a window right now!"

"I can't even blame you for that one."

"I'm done playing nice right now. They are moving out! My parents need to have their own place, away from me!"

"I thought they had their own place here?"

"They do, but they told Logan that they want a new one. Somewhere closer."

"I don't see Rory signing off on that one."

"She already told them that if they decide to buy a new place, that they are using their own money, and she is selling their current place."

"How'd they take that?"

"They weren't thrilled about it, but they're costing the company money, and even cheapskate Dad can't argue that one."

"I can't believe that you've tolerated your parents for this long. I would have eaten a bullet by now."

"It wasn't so bad when my mother was being pleasant. But all of a sudden, the last couple days, psycho society Shira is back with a vengeance. I can't deal with her crap right now. I've never had to use Josh as a bodyguard with that woman, but I swear, if she comes near me, I may have to knock her out!"

"Can I watch?"

"At least I can count on my brother to post bail if I need it."

"You won't need bail, you're pregnant. All you need to say is that you felt threatened. It's self-defense for both you and your unborn child."

"Don't tempt me."

"When are you planning to boot your parents to the curb?"

"I don't know. I would love to do it tonight, but that means that I need to talk to Logan, because there needs to be a care team in place. I can't leave Blake to deal with their crap all on his own. They need at least 3-5 other people."

"What can I do to help you?"

"I honestly have no idea."

"What about calling your mother's therapist and asking for her help? Or what about Doyle? Who helped find Blake?"