S3:E2 - "Like... deadass?"

Jungwon entered the café's doors, palms sweaty due to nerves. He knew deep down inside that Heeseung knew something was up. He knew that the older had figured out he didn't reciprocate his feelings. He just hated the idea of actually being confronted about the issue.

He knew it was necessary, though. It was the only way he'd be able to kiss Sunghoon again. It was the only way he'd be able to confess his true feelings to the celebrity.

"Jungwon...," Heeseung said the male's name upon seeing him walk into the building. A small smile was resting on his face which contrasted to his fidgeting fingers.

"Hi," The mentioned boy greeted the other as he went to take a seat in front of him. The older gave him a small wave before speaking, "Do you want me to get straight to the point or beat around the bush?" He asked straightforwardly.

The cat-eyed male contemplated for a moment before realizing it would be smarter to just get this over with.

"Just say it," He answered with a little nod.

After hearing that Heeseung took a deep breath. He was finally doing it; the right thing.

"We should break up," He stated as he looked the younger in the face.

Jungwon was a bit taken aback by how blunt he was but also felt relieved by his words. "I do too," The male agreed as he took the other's hands into his and intertwined their fingers.

"I'm sorry about everything. I shouldn't have ever agreed to this," The shorter of the two apologized as tightened his grip on the person in front of him.

"It's fine, Jungwon. I'd like to apologize too. I also have regrets. It took me a while to realize this, but I never really liked you how I swore I did. Without noticing it I just used you as a ploy to get closer to Ni-ki. I'm sorry, I really am. I just hope we can remain friends," Heeseung confessed with a slight frown. He spoke in a sincere tone, now scared to look Jungwon in the eyes.

"Duh, we can still be friends," The younger rolled his eyes playfully before leaning in closer to the male in front of him, "You like Ni-ki?" He asked in a hushed tone as a childish grin made its way onto his lips.

"Y-yeah," The taller admitted as a soft red hue decorated his cheeks.

"Does he know?!" The cat-like boy wondered, eager to hear what the other would say.

"No, I haven't, but I will soon," Heeseung told him shyly.

"I better be the first person you tell when you get together," The younger playfully threatened.

"And I better be the first person you tell when Sungwon becomes official," The male with brightly colored hair threatened back.

"Ew, you made a ship name?!" The other grimaced causing Heeseung to let out a laugh.

"It was that easy?" Ni-ki asked Jungwon who was eating strawberries out of a bowl he had found.

The older of the two had just told him how his meeting with his now, ex-boyfriend went. He made sure not to tell him about Heeseung's crush so he wouldn't ruin anything. Ni-ki was dumbfounded by how easily the both of them got over the whole thing, already joking around with each other like nothing had happened.

"Yeah, what did you expect? For us to scream at each other or something?" The older chuckled.

"No," The taller rolled his eyes. "I just felt... I don't know. Forget it," He shook his head, ridding himself of his ideologies.

"What? Is there something you're not telling me?" A smirk grew onto Jungwon's lips as he remembered what he was told earlier that day.

"N-no, what are you on about?" The younger tried to play his nerves off by giving a sassy remark but he wasn't fooling anyone but himself.

"Yeah, right. You like Heeseung hyung, don't you?" The cat-like male asked proudly with a mocking expression.

Ni-ki's face instantly grew red at the sudden question. "Wh-what?"

"No need to deny it. I know you do," The shorter grinned. He found his friend's current state to be amusing.

"Hush! Who told you?! I swear to God I'm gonna beat that narcissist's ass," The male frowned in defeat as he complained.

"Huh?! Sunghoon hyung knows?!" Jungwon exclaimed, completely baffled by what he had just heard. He had known and hadn't told him?! That was not something he'd expected from the guy that was always clung to him. He'd announce to Jungwon every time he went to the bathroom but not this?

"I guess he didn't tell you then...," The taller trailed off awkwardly. He didn't mean to reveal he and Sunghoon's little conversations but it was too late to do anything now.

"Why didn't you tell me?! Why would you tell him before me, your best friend?!" The older shouted as he shook his friend by the shoulders.

"It was supposed to be a secret because he likes you too!" Ni-ki yelled back, cupping his mouth with his hands once he realized what he had just said.

"He likes me? Like... deadass?" The cat-eyed male asked. His demeanor was calmer and a slight look of curiosity was on his face.

Yeah, Jungwon had joked around about Sunghoon liking him with Heeseung but he didn't really believe it to be true. It was a delusional type of thing, you know? He didn't think that the older actually liked him though.

"He's gonna kill me. Do not tell him I told you that," The younger of the two stated with a scared expression.

"So he does?!" A large grin began to slowly make its way onto Jungwon's face.

"Yes, you idiot! It's so obvious that he does," Ni-ki answered as he raised his hands in exasperation. "Are you that damn oblivious?"

"I'm not oblivious," The shorter pouted.

"Yeah, right. Tell that to someone who'll believe you," The ravenette scoffed. "He's liked you ever since you guys bumped into each other. His eyes say it all! Plus, he always sticks up for you and throws the rest of us under the bus. You have to be blind, bro," The boy chuckled during his last sentence.

Jungwon took his information in and thought for a second. The younger was right now that he pondered on it. He really was blind.

"I'm confessing today!" Jungwon suddenly announced as he raised his pointer finger up.

"Y-you're what? Didn't you like, just break up with Hee?" The Japanese male asked as he gave his friend a concerned look.

"Oh, please. If you want Heeseungie hyung that bad then go get him. Do you want me to call him up right now? He will most definitely say yes to you," The older told the other who was oddly composed

"Call him then," The taller shrugged before picking up a strawberry and biting into it; "These would be better microwaved."

- ☁️ !! ꒰ ¹¹⁷⁷  words ꒱ ~ ★