Part 18

It's been 2 weeks since Khaotung had healed completely when First asked Pond to bring Khaotung to the training room. Pond brings Khaotung to the training room and First gives him a look so he can be dismissed now. Khaotung was looking around the place.

"Here, take this," First says, wearing a turtleneck shirt with black cargo pants and offering him a gun. Khaotung looked at him confusedly.

"What's this for?" he questiones him.

"For your protection. From today, you will carry this, and every morning at this time, I want you here for training," First says, loading his gun already and bringing the headphones for him.

"But why? I don't need this. I can defend myself."

"Why? Are you scared of guns?" he teases.

"I thought you were tough." First knows Khaotung can fight; he is not weak. However, he still wants to take precautions because he needs to be prepared if something happens again. Khaotung snatched the headphones, put them on his ear, loaded his gun, aimed and shot.

"I like the confidence, but you missed," First teases again. Khaotung was frowning now. First comes closer and stood behind Khaotung, slowly wrapping his arms around the smaller boy from behind. Khaotung startled and gets alerted to First's movement. First gripped his hand, which was holding the gun, and pointed straight to the target board.

Khaotung was distracted by this. First was holding him so closely, his breath on Khaotung's neck.

"Focus," First whispered in his ear. Khaotung took a deep breath and averted his gaze to the target.

"Aim at your target and keep both eyes open to ease focus,"

"Reduce eyes strain, and hold your breath " First's deep voice was booming inside khaotung's ear, he holds his breath as his heart beats faster

" Try to relax and press the trigger," First instructed leaning to hold khaotung's grip tightly to avoid unnecessary motion to miss the target, and Khaotung did as he was told. He pressed the lock and fires.

"Good," First whispered and praises him so close behind his ear, and Khaotung was feeling things now.
First never praise.

"Now practice until you fire the red mark." First commands pointing at the target board.

It's been thirty minutes and Khaotung was getting frustrated now. He was good at combat skills and he would win easily too, but he had never used a gun, he was not familiar with any weapons except knives. On top of that, First was provoking and teasing him. He didn't want to be challenged by First like this. So Khaotung aimed again, closed one eye, focused, pulled the trigger, and fires.

"Fuck yeah!" he exclaimed when he finally managed to shoot the red mark.

"Did you see that?" Khaotung asked First, removing his headphones excitedly. His eyes were sparkling, and he looked like the cutest thing First had ever seen. The boy was using bad language again, which always made First unpleasant, but today the boy was too cute to scold. First just smiled and nodded, giving him applause.

"Well, good, that's enough for today," First said with a smile and clapping, looking so proud.

"Where is my reward?" Khaotung asked, flashing his silly smile and fluttering his puppy eyes.

First glanced up, grinning , stepping closer to him, and lifting Khaotung's chin up, giving him a soft but meaningful kiss. Khaotung was surprised; he didn't expect this kind of reward, but well, this was better than what he was thinking. First moved his head and stepped back, walking away without saying anything, then he stops.