pt.9

"Yeon, remember when you said there were no indigenous gods here? There was one who we missed." Rang explained, and now everything made sense to them.

"Why are you siding with the mortals? Why ?!" The indigenous god attacked them again when Rang pulled out the mirror. The mirror revealed the god's identity as she fell on her knees, now weak. Rang was ready to attack her but was stopped once again.
"Why?"

"Because you're just not supposed to take lives or hurt anyone." Yeon said in a strong tone.

"Also because she couldn't have done it alone." Yeon identified the indigenous spirit as the kitchen god.

"She's the first kitchen god. She is a ball of inferiority complex, I don't know who made her a deity."

"Why did you release the worms?" Yeon started by asking her what she has been wondering for a long time.

"I was living a quiet life until they built this salon with mirrors all over. And people used to hide mirrors to serve me. They've destroyed everything from the stoves to the furnaces. They dont even offer purified water anymore." She narrated vengefully then came to the verge of tears.

"Im telling you this because I can see the future a little bit. In less than 50 years, Gyeongseong will stop using wooden stoves." Yeon spoke in a low voice to the lady.

"My goodness."

"Aren't you going to kill her?" Rang asked yeon, and Aera gave him a so done look.

"I meant, what are you going to do about her now?"

"The indigenous gods need time to adjust with such changes."

"Tell us, where did you get the worms?" Yeon continued the interrogation.

"Someone gave them to me so I can claim my territory."

"Who?"

"He said not to tell."

"If you dont speak, then I may kill you." Rang warned, choosing his words carefully.

"A mask. It was a man wearing a mask. A red-white mask."

As soon as the indigenous god completed the sentence, she burned to ashes and vanished in the air.

What happened to her? "Aera asked."

"She was ordered to die if she opened her mouth."

Ughh. So is this red-white mask! Why won't he act like a man and show his face! He is playing with us, yeon! "Aera said."

He is. "Yeon sighed."

Rang's gang members later helped with turning the yachas back to human by the solution Yeon gave them - Burning mugworts. So they left the salon, letting the members deal with that.

"Rang, Aera, I have some work to do. So, you guys go ahead, and i'll come later."

"Dont be too late." Rang said, knowing the red-white mask is always keeping an eye on them, and even though it's Yeon, a nine tailed fox, Rang would still worry about his safety.

"Yeon, let us know if you found that red-white masked guy. Whoever he is,he is pretty strong." Aera said, getting worried

"Dont worry about me, kid." Yeon said while messing with aera's hair.

After a while~

"Rang! I'm hungry! I want chicken and berries!" Aera said while pouting

"Who eats with berries? You should eat chicken with beer."

"How about I eat your liver with beer?"

"Why are you getting mad suddenly."

"You drink like fish. I'm forbidding you from drinking like a fish!"

"OK OK I won't drink too much. How about having a whole chicken soup for dinner today?"

"Sounds yummy to me." Aera replied while smiling widely

"I really missed that wide smile of yours,"

"Oww, you don't waste a chance to flirt with me."

"It's my true feelings for you."

"Do others know about this?"

"Know what?"

"That their boss/brother/enemy is a hopeless romantic."

"What are you even saying?" Rang asked while smiling

"You also smile a lot when you are with you. I really love that." Aera could see rangs ear turning pink.

"Omg, someone is blushing. "

"I'm not blushing. "

"Yeon needs to see this."

"Dont tell yeon about this."

"Haha, of course I won't. "

"Rang."

"Hm?" Rang looked into Aera's eyes.

"I think I want to change the future a little. "

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing. Let's go, we should eat chicken!"

"Weirdo."

"Yah! I heard you."

After eating chicken, I went home. Rang said he has something to do. Yeon found shin ju. I'm really happy to see him. I kinda missed him. He is also like an older brother to me.

Everything was going well until I saw Hong joo drinking with the Japanese army. I already know that they won't be able to beat Hong joo, so I didn't bother them. I was worried about Rang cz it was getting late and he didn't come back. I decided to track his scent. I found him. His scent was coming from a venue. I scanned my eyes through every table, and it only took seconds for me to spot Rang. His handsomeness stands out a lot. I also noticed everyone's head in the stage's direction.

"Isn't that the girl from the boutique shop -

She's a mermaid ?! What is she thinking revealing her true form in front of everyone? If she stays any longer, the people here will have her with jjampong." I stared wide-eyed in astonishment thinking either the girl was too brave or too dumb. Then, he decides to walk to Rang and that she'd step up to help if things go south with the mermaid.

I walked toward Rang. Even tho he was drinking, he noticed my scent. He turned around. I gave him an angry pout.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to find you."

"You shouldn't have."

"What happened, dear? Why are you drinking so suddenly. "

"I just felt like drinking. "

"Look at me while I'm talking to you, Rang." Rang was too stunned to speak. I wanted to continue my flirting, but a man sitting on the front table started passing nasty comments on the mermaid.

"The fuck is wrong with that man." Aera said while getting up from her seat.

And before he could walk any closer to the mermaid Aera kicked him making him almost fall as he held on to the table beside him.

"What the hell---" The man cursed but stopped when he turned & saw Aera.

"What a fierce lady, what is your name---" Aera kicked his chest this time.

"You're disgusting."

And that was the cue for chaos to start. Another person who was with the rude man walked towards Aera, but he soon fell to the ground, credited to Rang for smashing a glass on his head.