pt.6

"I know you still like me idiot. Stop making it that obvious. We should get going now, " Aera said while rolling her eyes and smirking.

" I-" Rang can't utter a word because Aera is standing in front of him looking so gorgeous, smirking at him with eyes full of affection. Only god knows how much he missed her.

"We should get going now."

"Yeah."

🚏On the way to Myoyeongak

"You really like ties, huh? Especially when a pretty woman is helping you to wear them? Huh?"

"Omo, what is she saying rang?" Yeon asked rang because he doesn't know what's going on.

"I swear I asked her not to touch me, Aera." Rang replied to me with innocent eyes,ignoring yeon.

"Should I burn your neck? Or should I burn all the ties?" I said with a devilish smile.

"How about choosing both." Yeon said,not being concerned about his brother at all.

"You are not supporting to say that." Rang said

🚏in front of Myoyeongak

"Cmon out. Is anyone in there ?" When the door opened, the trio's jaw dropped to see Hong joo welcoming them. Yeon turned around to run for his life, but she caught up with him, threatening him to come along. Rang!" Yeon called out for him as he was being dragged through the gates.

"Yeon, let's just stay here. After all, she's your longtime friend. Settle your differences." Aera said as she walked into Myoyeongak walking in the opposite direction where Yeon was being taken.

"So Rang. What should I do with you?" I said, turning toward Rang. His eyes were getting tensed.

"Darling. It won't happen again." He said while coming closer,Cressing my cheeks. Looking at my eyes lovingly

"I thought I already told you that I don't want to cross the boundary."

"You are not crossing boundary. You are just letting yourself free by letting me in your life. I know you think of me as more than friends too, but you are afraid of the consequences we have to face because we keep getting in trouble, and we will end up being esch others' weaknesses."

"Rang-

"Oh, Mrs. there you are. Madam told me to show you your room." A girl came and said this.

"Sure, but it's Ms. Not Mrs. I would appreciate it if you could call me by my name Aera."

"I'm afraid I can't do that because madam said all of you are really important guests." She said while bowing

"It's ok, dear."I smiled at her. She walked me toward my room while Rang followed me. I got inside the room, and Rang closed the room after coming inside. I turned around and faced him.

"Rang, you know my reasons already, so you should stop this. "

"Stop what? Coming so closer to me. Looking at me like that. I don't deserve that love. Don't you remember that I knew that yeon harmed you, and I still didn't come to rescue you. Even though I know yeon abandoned everyone for a yeon, still I only listened to yeon. Yeon, kill ah-eum unnie in front of my eyes. Still, I followed yeon. Ah-eum, unnie was the one who saw me getting abused by my own family and encouraged the king to adopt me. I truthfully am a monster." I said while eyes because teary.

"No matter what you do, I love. I always will. You were my first love, and you will be the last woman I ever fall for. This Lee Rang doesn't care how many times you throw him away he will keep coming back to you. "

"Rang, you are blinded by emotions."

"It's love. It's my love for you that you won't accept. Just let me love. Don't tell me to stop. I will make sure that nothing goes wrong. "

"Well then, do as you please. "

"Then can I kiss you?"

"Rang! That's too fast."

"But you look so beautiful today. "

"Only today?"

"You always have been gorgeous."

"You too look handsome today. "

"If you say another word with that pretty mouth of yours I will loose control. "

"Aish. Get out you horny ass."

"Your madam, is she a prominent figure ?" Yeon asked to one of the gisaengs serving them as the trio sat together for breakfast.

"Don't you read the news? Among all the Gyeongseong gisaengs, there's no other like our madam. Rice, gold mine, bonds - everything she touched was a big hit."

"Should I rob her?" Rang whispered to Yeon

"Why do you always say such things?" Aera spoke in a low voice while Yeon tried his best not to burst into laughter at his brothers sight.

"What's her secret?" Yeon continued the initial conversation.

"All information in Gyeongseong is said to come from Myoyeongak. To be precise, it comes from our madam."

Time skip

"Juk hyang-a, it's you." I smiled meeting the child again. Seeing her made me miss Sarang even more. I gave a nod to Yeon, as I left him with Hong joo and walked away with Juk hyang and a gisaeng.

"I couldn't thank you properly that day for helping me and Rang. Thank you so much Juk hyang." I took the girl in my embrace and a smile lit my face when Juk hyang hugged me back. I knew that life was unfair to everyone but leaving a child alone to deaths door step is cruel than anything, which Juk hyang faced.

"I hope you only remember your happy days and only good things happen to you from now on." I caressed her hair as I pulled away. "Don't think im just gonna end this with a normal thank you. I promise to get you tons of treats when I go out today." Juk hyang mumbled a thank you as she smiled and the gisaeng took her with her as she walked away waving me.

"She's such a sweet child and deserves better. I hope she finds peace in this place"