Come Away with Me - 1

Comenzar desde el principio

It was a starry night.

The shattered moon shone brightly along with the painted dark sky of stars.

And the room was dimly lit, with her desk lamp being the brightest.

She was the only one in the dorm, and pretty much everyone on this floor was gone.

It...

Was...

Just...

Quiet...

Peaceful...

Just the way she liked it.

The only sounds that prevented the absolute silence were the sounds of graphite against paper.

That sound only paused for an eraser to smudge out mistakes or a sip of the drink for a mere few seconds.

But besides that, everything else was just the way she wanted it to be.

Until she felt an uncomfortable feeling on her neck.

Oh no.

She heard a flurry of swishing noises outside the door and down the hall, and immediately knew who it was.

She placed down her pencil before making a mistake when the door would-

"HI!" red flashed through the door with a loud bang and thug.

And then another bang when the door slammed shut.

"You're still here?" she asked without any emotion in her voice to the new intruder.

"Whaddya mean "you're still here"? Of course I'm still here! I told you I was just going to pop by the training course and test the new calibrations on Crescent Rose!" she chirped with a big smile.

She held up her red and black, compact high-caliber sniper rifle and cuddled it like a teddy bear, "She's so much more beautiful. I couldn't believe that little pin inside was what kept off-centering the scope after several shots! How could I miss that? Could you believe that I would miss that?"

"Mmhmm, okay, and besides you told me that like at noon," she grumbled without care and resumed her work, So hyper.

And then there was a bit of a string of awkward silence.

The new intruder just started staring around the empty dorm room, "So..."

Don't attempt small talk-

"Why are YOU still here?" she hummed and ran her fingers through her red-tipped hair.

Oh.

"Well it's not even the first day of break," she answered and brushed it off.

"What? Of course it is!"

"Just because the holiday speech is on the same day as classes, doesn't mean it's the first day of break. The NEXT day is bre-"

"Ugh, I don't want to do logic! There's no more class and we're on break."

"Fine, you dunce. I'm still here because I have things to do," she realized her mistake, no-no-no-no now she's gonna ask-

"What things do you have to do? We're on break!"

Why am I even leading her on? she brushed her ivory hair to the side and looked back at her partner.

"As your team leader, Weiss, I am instructing you to actually use this break and do NOTHING but relax!" she said with a proud smile, holding up her finger as if she was the smartest theorist in the world.