~chapter 18~

~mori's pov~

Pain. Everywhere.

On this side, on that one. That leg and another. Both my arms. Every single muscle seemed to scream in agony.

The only place that didn't seem to howl was my heart.

People visited me on a daily basis.

From people I knew like Naruto, Sakura, and Sai. To comrades like Asuma and Might Guy.

Of course there were plenty more, but my ultimate favorite was the gray headed perv also known as Kakashi Hatake.

He always came by and he requested Lady Tsunade that his missions only be up to 2-3 days long. Even when he wasn't there he would write letters asking how I was and telling me when he would be back.

I myself was doing fine, but everytime Kakashi and I were hanging out (which was like 24/7) I would always catch him glancing down at my stomach and his eyes would sadden.

-third person-

"Please Tsunade, it is a 5 day mission and I can't leave Mori." Kakashi was currently standing in the Hokage's office arguing.

"The decision is final Hatake. You will be setting off for the mission in 2 hours, so inform your squad and pack." Tsunaded replied.

Kakashi let out a long sigh, "Yes ma'am."

-kakashi's pov-

5 days! Is she insane?!

I decided to first gather everyone up and then leave.

Naruto was at Ichiraku's, Sakura was talking with Ino, and Sai was under a tree drawing.

Easy enough.

"You guys all go home and pack and meet me at the gate in half an hour." I told the group of young shinobi.

"Yes, sensei."

I let out a long sigh and made my way to the hospital.

-time skip-

Mori sat up on her bed as I entered the room.

She looked a lot better since she first came to the hospital almost 3 weeks ago.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I sat down on a nearby chair.

"Good! I finally took a step today!" My face lit up at the news.

Mori temporarily lost the ability to walk when she was stabbed. Though the doctors said it was a miracle she wasn't paralyzed since the sword cut through multiple nerves.

"I am so glad to hear that." I gave her a smile, "Keep that up while I am away, okay?"

Her smile faded but she nodded, "Okay..."

Damnit...

"I will be back in 5 days, Mori. Don't worry." Who was I kidding of course she was gonna worry.

"Please be safe, Kakashi..." She said in a gentle, but concerned voice.

My hand found hers and gave it a light squeeze, "I will Mori. Nothing will go wrong."

Oh boy was I wrong...

~mori's pov~

It was day 5 and Kakashi and the rest of team 7 would be returning today. I was ecstatic with the news I had to tell them.

I could walk again!

After 5 intense days I was able to fully regain control of my legs.

It was nice being able to walk around the park and see the cherry blossoms come into bloom.
Kakashi wrote to me every 2 days, something I failed to do on my last mission.

Turns out they were just doing some boring export mission for some princess.

I hope everything goes well.

-kakashi's pov-

Everything was going good except one little problem...

"So Mr.Hatake you got a Ms.Hatake?" The Princess named Aimi asked for what felt like the 12th time.

"Like I said, no I am not in a relationship with anyone at the moment." I tried to be as professional as possible.

She stepped closer to me, "Would you like to be~"

I stepped to the side, "No, I am good. Thanks though..."

Sakura than stepped in and started bombarding Aimi with questions about being a princess and I was finally left alone.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I went and stood between Sai and Naruto.

"Kakashi sensei."

"Yes Naruto?"

"Aren't you dating Mori sensei?"

I then choked on the air.

"You okay sensei?!" Naruto asked while patting my back.

"Y-yes I am okay. Your question just surprised me." I took a second to regain my breath, "No Mori sensei and I are not dating."

"I thought you were." Sai chimed in.

"And why is that?" Why did everyone think we were together?

"Well you always seem happier when you are around each other, you tend to be very physically touchy, and you both do look like a happy couple."
Fair point.

"Well Mori and I are not." My tone had a sense of coldness to it. Almost like I was disappointed...

Another sigh left my body and I rubbed my forehead, "Let's set up camp."

They all nodded and started to set up camp while I headed down to the river.

I then sat down on a rock and took out a scroll and some ink and I began to write:

Dear Mori,

I hope you are doing well. The escort is almost at her village so we should be back soon.
Naruto and Sai keep bickering and Sakura keeps asking the princess about every little thing. In my opinion I don't think I will last much longer without you.
See you soon,
Kakashi

*poof* "Sup Kakashi."

"Hello Pakkun."

"Got something for me?" He asked.

I rolled up the scroll and put it in his vest, "For Mori. She is still in the hospital."

Pakkun nodded his head, "See ya Kakashi."

"See ya Pakkun." And with that he was off.

~mori's pov~

I was anxious as I sat in the hospital bed. Kakashi was still not back.

I hope they're okay.

I then stood up and made my way to the door when Pakkun came in.

"Oh. Hello Pakkun." I was surprised to see him but then I realized he was delivering Kakashi's letter.

"Hello Mori. Got a letter for ya." He jumped onto the chair and I took the scroll for him.

"Remind me to give you belly rubs when Kakashi gets back." I watched him perk up a smile.

"Will do." He then went out the door, "See ya Mori."

"Bye Pakkun."

And with that I sat on the bed and read the letter.

I couldn't wait for him to come back.