~chapter 16~

i am going to try and transition my chapters with naruto shippuden, so this is gonna be a wonky timeline kinda of chapter.

enjoy~

~mori’s pov~

I woke up and noticed the warmest had left my bed. My arm reached out on my side expecting to feel his body, but I was meant with nothing.

A sign left my lips and I soon stood up and rose from my bed.

7:18. Flashed on the clock that rested on my bedside table.

Shit I have to see Lady Tsunade at 8:00.

I rushed and took a quick shower, before jumping out and changing into my ninja gear.

By the time I was out of the house it was 7:48.

My feet ran and jumped on the buildings as I slowly inched closer to the hokage’s office.

“You’re right on time.” Tsunade said from her chair, pointing to the clock on the wall.

7:59.

“Sit.” She didn’t even look up from her papers.

“So what is my mission?” I asked, trying to get to the point.

“You-,” She was cut off by someone walking in the door.

I turned around to see his gray hair.

“Sorry Lady Tsunade, but I came in to see if I have any tasks.” Kakashi spoke up.

“I will get to you soon. First I am going to give Mori her report.” She replied and turned back to me.

Kakashi just nodded and leaned against a nearby wall.

“Anyways. You will be sent on a solo, S ranked mission to the land of rain. Your objective is to kill a group of deadly bandits.” Her face was stern and serious.

“What? She should not be going on a mission like that by herself.” I was surprised to hear him speak up.

“She is perfectly suited for a mission like this.” Tsunade argued back.

“She will get hurt.”

“She was in the anbu black ops.”

“She still doesn’t stand a chance.”

I stood up, “Well I am right here and I have an idea on how to satisfy you both.” I spoke up.

“How?” They both said simultaneously.

“Well I assume it will take around a week at most to complete the mission, so every 2 days i will send a letter to notify you.” I answered.

They both looked at each other before nodding.

I smiled, “Well then I am off.” I exited the office.

“Wait!” I heard a familiar voice from behind me.

His face was filled with concern, “Please be careful.”

I flashed a smile, “I will. Don’t worry, Hatake.”

And with that I was off.

-day 1-
~third person~

Mori had given a friendly wave to Izumo and Kotetsu as she exited the village gates.

12 hours later she finally decided to set up camp.

As she gathered some wood a rustling was heard in a nearby bush.

She immediately took a kunai from her pouch and threw it at the bush.

A loud croak came from the bush and a black crow flew out and rested on a nearby tree branch.