A Serene Evening

As the car approached their destination, Shubman and Ishan disembarked. Ishan's gaze fell upon a gurudwara, and he questioned, "Shub, why have we come to a gurudwara?" "To seek blessings," Shubman replied. 

"Tu na bikul ajeeb hai," Ishan remarked. "Oh Ranjha...tenu pata laga ki tu kis naal ajeeb kehnda ae?" Shubman inquired. "Han, main janta hun," Ishan affirmed. "Tussi punjabi bolde ho?" Shubman asked. "OH..ji...agar tussi mere naal bihari seekh sakda te main tere naal punjabi ni seekh sakda?" Ishan retorted. 

"Isi aada pe toh ham marte hai," Shubman said with a grin, eliciting a chuckle from Ishan. "Chal..mainu follow kar," Ishan instructed. "Oh Ranjha, tenu toh main apni puri life follow karunga," Shubman declared, trailing behind Ishan. 

With reverence, they washed their feet and covered their heads before entering the sacred gurudwara. As Shubman and Ishan entered the gurudwara, they were enveloped by a sense of serenity and peace. The air was filled with the gentle scent of incense and the soothing sounds of hymns being sung. Soft sunlight filtered through stained glass windows, casting colorful patterns on the marble floor.

The atmosphere was one of reverence and devotion, with worshippers bowing their heads in prayer and offering their respects to the Guru Granth Sahib, the holy scripture of Sikhism. The rhythmic recitation of prayers echoed through the halls, creating a sense of unity and harmony among the congregants.

The walls of the gurudwara were adorned with intricate paintings and ornate decorations, reflecting the rich cultural heritage of Sikh tradition. As Shubman and Ishan made their way through the sacred space, they felt a profound sense of connection to something greater than themselves, a feeling of belonging and acceptance.

Their footsteps echoed softly against the marble floor as they walked, their hearts filled with reverence and gratitude for the opportunity to seek solace and guidance in the presence of the divine. 

In the hallowed halls of the sacred gurdwara, Shubman and Ishan found themselves kneeling before the revered Guru Granth Sahib. As Ishan poured his heart out in fervent prayer, his words echoed through the serene sanctuary:

 "Baba Ji, I am filled with uncertainty and dread about what the future holds for us. But amidst the chaos, one truth remains clear: I love Shubman with all my heart, even though he is younger. I do not understand why, but my true self emerges only when I am with him. He cares for me, fulfills my every need, and his unwavering gaze holds my world captive. I know that we are engaged to others whom we do not love. He was willing to defy his parents and the world for me, but I fled like a coward. I have caused Shubman untold pain. Please grant me strength, Baba Ji, to fight for my love..." Ishan's voice trailed off as he closed his eyes, lost in his supplication.

 Meanwhile, Shubman's gaze was fixed upon Ishan's praying form. Discreetly, he reached into his pocket and retrieved a silk handkerchief. With deft fingers, he secured one end to the hem of Ishan's kurta and the other to his own. 

Ishan opened his eyes to find Shubman's warm smile meeting his. "Let's go, Shubi," Ishan said softly. "Wait, Ishan, we need to walk around the Guru Granth Sahib four times," Shubman replied. "As you wish," Ishan agreed, and rose to his feet. 

Shubman followed closely behind as Ishan reverently walked around the sacred scripture. With each step, Shubman's eyes remained on the handkerchief, its significance unspoken but deeply understood. Together, they completed the sacred circuit, their bond stronger than ever before.

As soon as Shubman and Ishan emerged from the temple, Ishan turned to leave, but he couldn't. Then, he looked down at his kurta and noticed a white handkerchief tied around the hem. He glanced at Shubman's kurta and saw the same handkerchief there.