A Love Beyond Boundaries

SHUBMAN'S POV

The news of Shubman's engagement to Sara had plunged him into a pit of despair. 

He couldn't fathom the idea of marrying someone else when his heart belonged to Ishaan.

 As he was lost in his thoughts, his father's voice jolted him back to reality. 

"Shubi?" Lakhwinder called out.

 "Yes, Papa," Shubman replied, trying to hide the turmoil within.

 "Did you tell Ishaan about your engagement?" Lakhwinder asked. 

Shubman's heart sank. "I... um... I don't think he'll come," he mumbled.

 "Why not?" Keart, his mother, inquired. 

"He's also getting engaged on Sunday," Shubman revealed.

 His father nodded somberly. 

Upon reaching home, Shubman retreated to his room, seeking solace in the memories he shared with Ishaan. 

As he gazed at their photo, his sister, Shahneel, entered.

 "What's the matter, Shubi?" she asked, noticing his gloomy demeanor. 

"Di... why are you here?" Shubman asked, hurriedly concealing the picture. 

"I've noticed that you haven't been happy since your engagement to Sara was announced," Shahneel stated. 

Shubman's eyes welled up with tears. 

"How can I be happy when my happiness has been snatched away from me?" he cried.

 "What do you mean, Shubi?" Shahneel asked, confused.

 "Love is a strange thing, Di. It brings immense joy and unbearable pain," Shubman explained, his voice choked with emotion.

 Sensing that something more profound was at play, Shahneel asked, "Did you have a falling out with Ishan?"

 Shubman chuckled bitterly.

 "A falling out? What do you think our relationship is, Di?"

 "You're best friends," Shahneel replied. 

"Best friends? That's what everyone thinks, but we love each other, Di," Shubman confessed, tears streaming down his face.

 Shahneel was shocked by the revelation.

 "Then why didn't you tell Mom and Dad?" she asked. 

"I wanted to, but Ishan left me, fearing societal judgment," Shubman explained. 

"What now?" Shahneel questioned. 

"Now... nothing. He's gone, and he's taken a part of me with him. Even though I'm marrying Sara, my heart will always belong to Ishan, no matter what anyone says," Shubman declared, his voice filled with determination. 

Shahneel was astounded by the depth of her brother's love for Ishan. 

She silently prayed that Shubman would find happiness again, even if it wasn't with the man he truly loved.

On the day of the much-anticipated engagement, Shubman was busy getting ready when he heard a commotion outside his room. 

He knew instinctively that it was his beloved teammates and family members, eager to celebrate this momentous occasion.

 "Congrats, Shubi!" Virat exclaimed, his voice filled with excitement.

 "I can't believe you're getting married so soon," Siraj added, a hint of surprise in his tone.