Puppy.

"Rose, no."

Says Shadow with a firm tone as he crosses his arms and looks at her like she can't be serious.

"Aw come on Shadow. If you can have a pet, then I can as well."

Replies Amy back as she makes a puffy face at the dark male in front of her.

"You can. But there is one problem. I got a cat. You just brought a dog into our home. And even without talking with me first about it."

Says Shadow as he first points at his black cat, Zeus, who is napping on the couch, not minding the two mobians. Then Shadow points towards the small dog in Amy's hands that she is holding.

"I know the saying that cats and dogs don't go well together, but Celia is a puppy, so can be trained to accept Zeus. She's very friendly and calm for a puppy. Just look at her."

Says Amy. She walks closer to Shadow and before Shadow can say more, as Amy puts the small puppy into Shadow's arms to hold, making Shadow unsure what to do with the animal.

He looks at the small golden fur puppy, that turns in head to look up at him. The small puppy leans in and starts sniffing him.

"What is it doing?"

Asks Shadow, holding the small puppy a little further away from him.

"She is just smelling you so she gets to know you."

Says Amy as she starts petting the small puppy on the head while Shadow holds the dog. Its tail starts to wag and it makes a few tiny barks, which wakes the black cat up. The cat looks up to see the two mobians holding a small creature.

"Let Zeus meet her and see what will happen."

Says Amy as she gives Shadow a small push to go over to the cat. Sighing, Shadow alongside with Amy, walks over to the cat that now sits up, watching them and the new living being coming closer.

"Hey Zeus, we would like for you to meet Celia."

Says Amy sweetly and calmly to the cat. Shadow is a bit unsure, but he slowly bends down to the cat's level and holds the puppy for the cat to see. (edited)

[6:57 PM]

The puppy and the cat meet eyes and they just stare at each other. Zeus don't do much of a reaction, while Celia whimpers a little.

"Try place her down."

Says Amy still with a calm tone.

"Are you crazy? What if they eat each other?"

Replies Shadow as he pulls the puppy away. Amy rolls her eyes and takes the puppy from him and carefully places her on the couch near the cat.

Shadow is about to speak up but Amy stops him and they watch.

The small puppy is indeed small. Now on the couch next to the cat, she is a lot smaller, even more as she curls in on herself while whimpering.

The cat gets up, and walks over to the tiny puppy, sniffing the small creature a few places while working in circles around her.

After the cat is done sniffing, it sits down in front of the small shaking puppy, just looking at it.

Then to Shadow's surprise, not much to Amy as she is smiling, Zeus gives Celia a headbumb.

It seems to calm the puppy down and dares to lift its head to look up at the bigger cat.

Zeus then walks back to its spot where it was napping and lays down again. Celia slowly gets up and follows the cat and takes its spot next to the cat, cuddling up together. Zeus grooms Celia's head a few times before it goes back to sleep, Celia quickly follows suits and naps next to Zeus.

"Well I be damned."

Says Shadow to the view of the two animals that are said to be enemies, sleeping all peacefully together.

It seems like they now own a puppy alongside their cat.

DONE!