chapter 21 |my love where are you?|

|Shadow's POV|

I couldn't bear the thought of Sonic being out there alone, possibly in danger. Every fiber of my being urged me to find him, to bring him back to safety. The memory of our moments together fueled my determination, driving me to search non-stop, disregarding my own well-being.

Rouge's attempts to reason with me fell on deaf ears. I appreciated her concern, but I couldn't afford to rest, not when Sonic's safety hung in the balance. He had just come back into my life, and I couldn't bear the thought of losing him again.

I pushed myself harder, scouring every inch of the city and beyond, chasing leads and questioning anyone who might have seen Sonic. Time seemed to blur together as exhaustion gnawed at my bones, but I refused to give up hope.

As the days passed, frustration and desperation clawed at me, threatening to consume me whole. But I pushed through the pain, driven by the love I felt for Sonic, unwilling to let him slip through my fingers again.

I drove to Sonic's friends' house, hoping they might have some leads on his whereabouts. Tails greeted me at the door, his expression filled with concern. "Shadow, we've been worried sick about Sonic. Have you found any leads?" he asked, his voice tinged with desperation.

I shook my head, the weight of failure heavy on my shoulders. "No, Tails, I haven't found anything yet. But I won't stop until I bring him home," I vowed, determination burning in my eyes.

Tails nodded in understanding, sympathy etched on his features. "We'll keep an eye out too. Sonic means a lot to us, and we want to help however we can," he offered, his voice filled with sincerity.

my mind kept drifting back to the task at hand. I excused myself, promising to keep them updated on any developments.

Back in my motorcycle, I drove for hours, scouring every corner of the country in search of any sign of Sonic. But as the sun dipped below the horizon, my efforts yielded nothing but frustration and exhaustion.

Lost in my thoughts, I barely noticed as I passed by our old house from our past life. The memories flooded back in a rush, overwhelming me with emotions I had long buried.

Without thinking, I parked my motorcycle and entered the house, the familiar surroundings stirring something deep within me. I made my way to the spot where Sonic always hid the spare keys, just like he used to in our past life.

As I looked around the house, memories of our time together flooded my mind. I saw the framed pictures on the wall, snapshots of our happy moments together before tragedy struck. My heart ached with longing for those simpler times, for the love we had shared.

Tears pricked at the corners of my eyes as I picked up a framed picture of us from our past life. I traced the outline of Sonic's face with trembling fingers, feeling a bittersweet mix of pain and nostalgia wash over me.

"I miss you, Sonic," I whispered, my voice barely above a whisper. "I'll find you, no matter what it takes. Just hold on a little longer."

For a moment, it felt like Sonic was right there with me, his presence a comforting presence in the empty house. And as I held onto the picture, I made a silent promise to never give up on him, to keep searching until we were reunited once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~