chapter 2 |a new beginning|

Past life ages

Shadow-29
Sonic-26
Vector-30

Present ages
Shadow-25
Sonic-24
Vector-78 (23 years came by before shadow and sonic were reborn)

The beach scene at the beginning of chapter 1 i couldn't resist to draw it (it was just a doodle so i didn't bother to fix the hand) anyway if you want you can support my Twitter("x") account or tiktok both are small accounts (sonicfan4rever) is the x account huge thx for reading this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|shadows pov|

I heard Vector scream Sonic's name, so I turned to see what had happened. I saw Sonic passing out in the water, with another wave forming. I ran to Sonic, screaming his name. I reached the water and tried to get him to safety before the wave formed, but his foot was stuck. I struggled to free his foot, feeling hopeless as time ran out. My focus was solely on releasing Sonic's leg, and I didn't notice the approaching wave. We both got hit by the wave, causing me to hit my head along with Sonic. The last thing I saw was Sonic, out of breath and bleeding from his forehead. I felt Vector pulling both of us out of the water with the help of lifeguards. I overheard them saying they couldn't hear Sonic's heartbeat before everything went black for me.

I woke up in a bed, but inexplicably, I was a three-year-old child. I looked around and realized I had been reborn. All I could remember was Sonic, and if I had been reborn, perhaps he had too. But how could I remember my past?

|3rd Person POV:|

Many years later, the ebony hedgehog had grown up, still searching desperately for his partner. He had become one of G.U.N's agents, but as the years passed, his stress and desperation to find the love of his life grew. After another failed search, he went to a bar to drown his sorrows. The ebony hedgehog's friend, Rouge the Bat, sat beside him and took the glass of whiskey away.

|Shadows' pov|

"Still not over that Sonic guy from your past life, huh?" Rouge asked.

"I'm not. I love him, and I don't know where to find him. I can't understand why I'm so obsessed with finding him. It seems impossible. Maybe I'm the only one who was reborn, and he wasn't. Maybe he didn't die with me," I sighed.

"Maybe you need to move on. I mean, you have many fangirls waiting for you," Rouge said, gesturing toward some girls, at which I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"Come on, you can't be single forever," Rouge sighed. "Why are you so desperate to find this Sonic anyway?"

"We used to be rivals, but then we got to know each other better. He talked to me when no one else did. We became friends, then boyfriends. We even got married in our past life. We were happy. He always teased me, and we were competitive with each other. He changed me. I thought I'd never feel love like that, but he showed me that every person can be loved. I miss him. He always made me feel special and loved. None of those fangirls could ever compare to the way Sonic made me feel."

I walked out of the bar to get some fresh air, and Rouge followed me.

"Maybe I can help you find him?" Rouge said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"We don't even know if he's been reborn or not. Maybe he didn't die when I did. We won't know," I sighed. Then it hit me-Vector. He knows what happened. I smiled with newfound hope and turned to Rouge, who looked curious about my sudden change in mood.

"Vector! He can help me find out if Sonic is alive or not!" I practically shouted.

"Who's Vector?" Rouge asked, raising an eyebrow.

"He's Sonic's friend. We went to the beach with him, and he knows what happened. If Sonic did die, he's my only hope to find out," I said, feeling hopeful.

"But wouldn't he be old now or possibly even deceased? I'll help you find this Vector guy. Come with me," Rouge said, pulling me along. We ended up in a file room at the G.U.N building.

"Is this him?" Rouge showed me a photo and a file. I recognized Vector, though he was already 78 years old. I wondered if he still lived in Sunset City and if he resided at the same address I remembered. I wasn't even sure if he would remember me and Sonic.

"Yeah, that's him," I said, placing the file back where Rouge had found it. We left the file room, heading to my motorcycle to go to Sunset City.

"Thank you for helping, Rouge," I smiled at her, and she waved goodbye as I drove off to Sunset City, hoping that Vector remembered and that Sonic had been reborn with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~