chapter 19 |doubt|

Thank you for supporting and for your patience♡ im really sorry for the late update :(  ♡ again thank you for reading my story :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Sonic's POV|

As I followed the man through the dense forest, relief washed over me. He seemed friendly enough, and I clung to the hope of finding my way back to civilization. The trees whispered secrets around us, their branches swaying in the gentle breeze as we walked.

"Thank you for helping me," I said, grateful for his assistance. "I got separated from my... uh, friend, and I've been lost for hours."

He chuckled, his voice echoing through the forest. "No worries, Sonic. Happens to the best of us. Just be careful out here. You never know what you might run into."

His words sent a shiver down my spine, reminding me of the dangers lurking in the darkness. But I pushed aside my fears, focusing on the task at hand: finding my way back to safety.

After what felt like an eternity, we emerged from the forest, and I could see the lights of a cabin in the distance. "That's my place," the man said, pointing towards the cozy-looking cabin nestled among the trees. "You can stay the night if you want. It's getting late, and you shouldn't be wandering around out here in the dark."

I hesitated for a moment, unsure if I should trust him. But exhaustion gnawed at my bones, and the thought of spending another night in the forest was too daunting to bear. "Thank you, sir. I appreciate your kindness," I replied, grateful for the offer of shelter.

As we approached the cabin, I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered in the pit of my stomach. Something about the man's demeanor seemed off, but I pushed aside my suspicions, chalking it up to paranoia.

Inside the cabin, the man introduced himself as Jack. He showed me to a small room with a cozy bed, assuring me that I could rest easy for the night. As exhaustion washed over me, I sank into the soft mattress, grateful for the chance to finally get some sleep.

But as I drifted off into a restless slumber, the faint sound of murmured voices reached my ears, pulling me back from the brink of unconsciousness. I strained to listen, my heart pounding in my chest as I realized that the voices were coming from just outside my door.

Creeping out of bed, I approached the door, my senses on high alert. I pressed my ear against the wood, straining to make out the words being spoken on the other side.

"...he won't suspect a thing," Jack's voice drifted through the door, his tone sinister and calculating. "Once he's asleep, we'll make our move. Just like we planned."

My blood ran cold as the realization dawned on me. Jack had lured me into his cabin under false pretenses, and now he was plotting something sinister. Panic surged through me, but I knew I had to act fast if I wanted to escape.

With trembling hands, I reached for the door handle, my heart racing with fear and adrenaline. I had to find a way out of this nightmare before it was too late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~