chapter 20 |you sure to trust him?|

|Sonic's POV|

As panic coursed through my veins, I frantically tried to open the locked windows, my hands shaking with fear and desperation. I threw objects around the room in frustration, hoping against hope that one of them would break the glass and provide me with an escape route. But the windows remained stubbornly shut, mocking my efforts.

Suddenly, the door creaked open, and Jack stepped into the room, a concerned expression on his face. "Sonic, what's wrong?" he asked, his voice filled with genuine confusion.

My heart pounded in my chest as I spun around to face him, my eyes wide with terror. "You... you were talking about... about making a move on me," I stammered, my voice trembling with fear. "I heard you through the door."

Jack's expression morphed from concern to bewilderment. "What? No, Sonic, I didn't say anything like that," he replied, his voice tinged with disbelief. "I was asleep the whole time. I only woke up when I heard you making noise."

My mind reeled with disbelief. Could I have imagined the whole thing? Was it just a nightmare brought on by the stress and exhaustion of being lost in the forest? But the memory of Jack's sinister voice lingered in my mind, sending shivers down my spine.

"I... I don't understand," I muttered, my voice barely above a whisper. "I was sure I heard you..."

Jack sighed, his expression softening with sympathy. "Look, Sonic, I think you're just tired and stressed. It's been a rough night for both of us," he said gently. "Why don't you try to get some more rest? We can figure everything out in the morning."

His words offered a small measure of comfort, but I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that gnawed at my insides. Was I losing my mind, or was there something more sinister at play in this isolated cabin in the woods? With a heavy heart, I crawled back into bed, hoping that sleep would bring clarity and answers to the swirling questions in my mind.

As the morning light filtered through the windows, I woke up to the sound of sizzling bacon and the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. Jack was in the kitchen, humming to himself as he cooked breakfast.

I couldn't shake the feeling that last night wasn't just a figment of my imagination. The memory of Jack's sinister words lingered in my mind, haunting me like a ghost. But when I looked at Jack, he seemed completely normal, as if nothing had happened.

I approached the kitchen cautiously, my guard still up. "Morning, Sonic!" Jack greeted cheerfully, flashing me a warm smile. "I hope you slept well. Breakfast is almost ready."

I forced a smile in return, my mind still reeling from the events of the previous night. "Thanks, Jack," I replied, trying to keep my voice steady. "Listen, I was thinking... now that it's daylight, maybe you could show me the way out of the forest?"

Jack's cheerful demeanor faltered for a moment, and I caught a flicker of hesitation in his eyes. "Oh, uh, about that, Sonic..." he began, trailing off.

I felt a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. "What do you mean, 'about that'?" I asked, my voice tinged with suspicion.

Jack sighed, his expression pained. "Well, you see, Sonic, I was thinking... maybe you could stay here for a little while longer," he said hesitantly. "I mean, you seem like a nice guy, and I could use the company. Plus, I haven't shown you around the area yet."

I narrowed my eyes, my instincts screaming at me to get out of there as fast as possible. "Jack, I appreciate your hospitality, but I really need to get back home," I insisted, trying to keep my tone firm.

But Jack was persistent, his words tinged with desperation. "Come on, Sonic, just stay for a little while longer. I promise I'll take you back to civilization soon," he pleaded, his eyes pleading with me to relent.

I hesitated, torn between my gut feeling that something was off and Jack's seemingly genuine offer of hospitality. But in the end, the memory of Shadow and my friends waiting for me spurred me into action.

"I'm sorry, Jack, but I really need to go," I said firmly, pushing past him towards the door. "Thank you for everything, but I can't stay"

As I reached for the door handle, Jack's voice stopped me in my tracks. "Sonic, please," he pleaded, his tone laced with desperation. "I know I'm asking a lot, but I'm just so lonely out here. You're the first person I've seen in months. Can't you stay just a little longer? I promise I'll make it worth your while."

His words tugged at my heartstrings, stirring up a conflicting mix of sympathy and unease. I turned to face him, struggling to find the right words to convey my feelings. "Jack, I understand that you're lonely, but I can't ignore the fact that something doesn't feel right here," I said, my voice tinged with regret. "I need to trust my instincts and get out of here."

Jack's expression darkened, a shadow of anger flickering across his features. "You think I'm some kind of monster, don't you?" he snapped, his voice laced with bitterness. "Fine, go ahead and leave. Im sure you'll get lost in the woods"

His words hit me like a punch to the gut, and for a moment, doubt crept into my mind. Was I making the wrong decision by leaving? But then I remembered Shadow my friends, looking for me somewhere out there, but i didn't have a choice but to stay i couldn't risk getting lost in the woods

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Besides what's the worst thing that can happen?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~