CHAPTER 19

SOOBIN's POV

Soobin : Do you even realise what you just said?

Mi-rae : I know Soobin. That is why I approached you. Maybe you should see it yourself.

I watched in silence, my heart sinking. Questions flooded my mind, but I couldn't bring myself to voice them. My grip on the pencil tightened as I struggled to process the video. The laughter I cherished the past days now felt tainted, and definitely doubts crept in.

Soobin : I... I don't understand. Y/N and I are together. Why would she...?

Mi-rae : I don't have the answers, Soobin. But I think you should talk to Y/N about this. Maybe there's a misunderstanding.

Soobin : She looks so different here.

Mi-rae : That's what I was wondering. She looks like in her high school days. You both are dating, I assume she has told you about her past and stuffs?

Soobin : Don't bother about us now. I will talk to her myself. And don't spread things.

Mi-rae : I am not such kind of a girl, Soobin. We have been classmates for three years. We were even in same grade during high school. Do you not know me enough?

Soobin : I will leave first.

I stood frozen in the corridor, my phone's screen glaring with the damning video. Hurt twisted my features, quickly giving way to simmering anger. Confusion clouded my mind as I replayed the scene, questioning what I thought I knew.

This can't be her. At least really not her.

My grip tightened on the phone, knuckles turning white. Thoughts raced, torn between confronting Y/N and my feelings. I shook my head, trying to dispel the images. With a deep breath, I pocketed my phone, determined to find Y/N and seek answers, though the thought of what I might hear filled me with dread.

This better not be the truth.

The classroom was empty and there I approached Y/N, who was sitting at a desk, seemingly lost in thought. My expression definitely was a mix of anger and hurt, emotions swirling inside me like a storm. As I reached her, I stood in front of her, my jaw clenched, hoping to find the right words to my questions.

Soobin : Can we talk?

Y/N : Is that a question?

Soobin : You should have a look to this.

My hands trembled slightly as I took out my phone and showed Y/N the video. Her eyes widened in shock as she watched herself in the compromising position. She gasped, her hand flying to her mouth in disbelief.

Y/N : I-I don't remember this.

She looked up at me, her eyes filled with confusion. My anger seemed to waver for a moment, replaced by a deep sadness as I watched her reaction. I sighed heavily, unsure of what to say next.

Soobin : Isn't that you, Y/N?

Y/N : This indeed looks like me but it's not me. I would never do such a thing.

Soobin : Do you know this guy?

Y/N : I do.

And there my heart clenched.

Y/N : But that's not me, Soobin. Believe me.

I felt a mix of emotions at her words. Part of me wanted to believe her, to trust that she would never do something like that. But another part of me couldn't shake the doubt that lingered in my mind.

What should I believe?

Soobin : So you're saying that's not you?

Y/N : Yes, Soobin. I don't know how that video was made or who that person is, but it's not me.

I ran a hand through my hair, trying to process everything.

Soobin : Then why does she look like you?

Y/N : I don't know!

As I walked out of the classroom, my heart weighed down by conflicting emotions, I couldn't shake the image of the video yet her plea for me to believe her. My mind was a whirlwind of thoughts, torn between wanting to trust her and the nagging doubt that lingered within me.

Why are things so complicated suddenly?

The Next Day

AUTHOR'S POV

Y/N hurried to catch up with Soobin after class, but he quickened his pace, clearly avoiding her.

Y/N : Soobin, wait up.

She called, but he didn't stop. She finally caught up with him near the exit.

Y/N : Soobin, why are you avoiding me?

Y/N asked, her voice tinged with worry. He stopped but didn't turn to face her.

Soobin : I just need some space, Y/N.

Y/N : What do you exactly mean by this? Are you still over the video? I already told you-

Soobin : That's not you, okay. But right now, I just want to be alone. Can you leave me?

Y/N's eyes widened in shock and then filled with tears.

Y/N : Soobin, please don't ignore me like this.

Soobin's expression remained hard. He looked at her for one last time, turned and walked away, leaving Y/N standing there, devastated.

Y/N's POV

Will our relationship survive with such mess?

MY FIRST LOVEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara