CHAPTER 12

SOOBIN's POV

I sat back on the couch, taking in the quiet of the Sunday afternoon. I closed my eyes, feeling the soft fabric of the couch beneath me, and let out a deep breath, letting go of the tension from the week. It was a rare moment of peace, and I intended to savor every second of it.

I decided to stay at home the whole day and binge to release the stress of the past week. As I was about to scroll through the list of movies to binge on, my phone buzzed with a new message. It was the text of Yeonjun.

< Man get ready in 30. We are
out for the pool. >

< I'm not coming. >

< Brother, don't make a fuss. >

< I can't swim. I'm out. >

< The pool is about 1 meter deep
and you're 1 meter 80 centimetres
tall >

< I'm not going. >

< Don't ruin the mood of the squad.
For more fun,  I invited Ga-Yeong
and Y/N. >

< I like Ga-Yeong so you better
come and help me out. >

< Bye >

< 😘 >

I cringed at the emoticon ane threw my phone on the side.

Screw you Yeonjun.

Y/N's POV

It was a good idea to spend the sunny day at a pool. I would not have come but Ga-Yeong has returned and she gave her commitment to the boys which made me commit as well.

I found a quiet spot to set up my towel and belongings, then took a moment to admire the sparkling water. As I dipped my toes in, I felt a rush of coolness, refreshing against the heat of the day.

I settled into a lounge chair, sunglasses on, and watched the others around me. Ga-Yeong was splashing water on Beomgyu and so was Beomgyu on her. Yeonjun was at the corner looking at them with a grumpy expression. What's wrong with this boy ?

Everyone's laughter filled the air. Adults lounged nearby, chatting or reading books. I closed my eyes, soaking in the sounds of summer, feeling the sun warm on my skin.

As I was enjoying the peaceful moment, suddenly, a shadow loomed over me, blocking the sunlight. I opened my eyes to see a tall figure standing above me, casting a shadow over my face.

Startled, I sat up, squinting against the brightness.

Oh, Soobin.

I went across the other side of the pool immediately trying to get away from him.

AUTHOR's POV

Soobin watched her leave with a pained expression on his face. After what he dreamt about Y/N the previous night had made him awkward around her.

Yeonjun waved at Soobin and motioned him to come inside the pool to which Soobin refused telling that he couldn't swim. The boys made a 'done' expression towards him telling him that the pool has a really shallow depth but he refused again.

Kai, out of nowhere, pushed Y/N into the pool making the water splash everywhere. She backfired Kai by splashing water on him.

As Soobin watched everyone enjoying themselves in the pool, he felt a pang of longing. He longed to join them, to feel the cool water against his skin, to laugh and play. He sighed, feeling a mix of envy and resignation wash over him.